cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting very slow 3g data speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the past month I have been getting very poor data transfer speed (I'm talking unusable 10-50 kbps download and upload) on my evo 3D.  I have gone to the local sprint store and had my phone checked by a "technician" that only did the basic data troubleshooting (restored data profile and updated the prl) and said they had fixed my data issue. I proceeded to test if my data had gotten faster but could only pull off a max of 120 kbps on a speed test (I know these aren't very accurate), but it took a little over 4 minutes just to be able to watch a 20 second video on youtube, with the normal resolution settings not the high definition.  I figured there might be a problem with my phone, it might be deffective or just be buggy, so I attempted to compare my data speeds side-by-side with one of the display phones there at the store, but could not get a single phone to open the internet browser or the stock android market app.  It is just sad that we are being charged a $10 smartphone/premium data fee, or whatever its called, and not have good data service or at least decent, I'm not expecting 4g service in my area(I live in Hidalgo, Texas just south of McAllen in the Rio Grande Valley) as I know that is years away from today, if ever, but it would be good to at least get a Mbps of 3g data.  So what is SPRINT doing with these $10 fees that they are charging?  It would be much better, in my opinion, to reinforce their 3g towers than to open up new 4g towers, which I haven't heard of any new ones lately.  It is sad to see Verizon expanding their 4g coverage to 15 new markets and strengthening it in 10 existing markets in the last few DAYS, and us sprint customers having very few 4g markets and very, very slow 3g.

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Wizard

I apologize about you issue. Can you provide me the zip code to where you are so that I can check the area out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you. I will get right back to you.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am sending you a private message to get some more information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone else getting these dial-up-internet-like speeds?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since 12:00 CDT  IN ZIP 53147

173.122.91.112...IP

Last Result:

Download Speed: 340 kbps (42.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 173 kbps (21.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 144 ms

Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:35:44 PM

173.122.91.112...IP

Last Result:

Download Speed: 340 kbps (42.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 173 kbps (21.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 144 ms

Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:35:44 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

to make things worse, my data connection has gone completely down. I can't use data: no emails, no internet, no apps that use internet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just curious but how are you managing to log in to the forum with no internet?

see #6 above

Since 12:00 CDT IN ZIP 53147173.122.91.112...IP...SLOWER

Last Result: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:55:52 PM

Download Speed: 269 kbps (33.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 216 kbps (27 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 124 ms

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: getting very slow 3g data speeds

I bought the Evo Shift from Best Buy last week and I love it!!! But, having the same issue with no data connection today... I live in McAllen, TX... Any help you could give me??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in NC (27592) and I've had data problems for over a week. Right now I have no data connection at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And, by reading other posts from today, it's nationwide... Which is weird..

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.