cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S 3G speed still awful - Still not fixed liked promised.

Journeyman

Well, I suppose its my fault for believing them when customer service people at the sprint store said "give them a week, they will get the data problem fixed".

This was a clever strategy that I foolishly fell for, this was enough time for my 14 day trial to expire.  I have litterally been trying to email a 2MB photo to myself for the last hour.  "sending 1 of 1"....

I have successfully encouraged 4 people today to not join sprint / get out of their contract in the first 14 days.  I will keep my efforts up on every social media channel I can.  My best way out of Sprint now will be when they go out of business because of the awful network after the faith they put into the iphone.

On the otherside of the coin, if it was good data speeds, or even PAR data speeds, I'd share that as well.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

update:  the picture finally finished sending, took LITTERALLY 1hour and 28 minutes to send....  Glad I had it charging...

Journeyman

Luckily mine have usually only taken a few minutes to send instead of over an hour.  My big problems are trying to do anything on facebook and loading pages in the browser or the games I play that require internet access...or downloading apps.  All that goes pretty slow.  Charing a premium for data on an iphone of $10 a month doesn't seem right under these circumstances.  My latest speed test said 0.01 down, 0.02 up.  They need to make the minimum 0.4 up and down under worst conditions and the averages needs to be over 1.0 like all the verizon/att phones in my area.

Journeyman

I returned my Sprint iPhone 4s at day 12 of my 14 day trial,  I believe your data speeds will improve, they will upgrade something in the next few months. However, I couldn't gamble, this was my FIRST contract phone. I went to ATT, essentially the same plan, without unlimited data and without texts. Unlimited at the crawl, I was getting here in SW Missouri, seems pretty limiting to me. My bill at ATT with only 200 megabytes of data and 450 minutes is around 55.00 (I still have to wait a couple of weeks more for my phone to arrive, it is backordered).

Good luck, don't get too down, I think they have to improve.

RS

Journeyman

I have the EVO 4G and the iPhone 4S both running 3g since there is no 4G in my area. The EVO is pulling 1.5mb down but the iPhone is only 0.04 down. Sprint has no explanation for this but I'm wondering if its the network or the phone due to the fact that the EVO is running much faster in the same exact location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have had the same problem. from the start i was getting download speeds of 0.04 and it took me 15 minutes to download a song off itunes. ive been back and forth with the idiots at sprint from the begining with nohing but run around answers and false promises. they eventually sent me to the escalations department cause i wanted out of my contract due to their shitty service but the lady basically said too bad, as long as your getting above 0.01 data down that they are keeping their end of the contract. I honestly couldnt believe they are that shady to their customers. she made 0 effort to bettter the situation or even have a good attitude about it. i asked her if maybe it was my phone and she said that since i didnt purchase apple care that im shit out of luck and that best of luck to me. i decided to go to apple and they were awesome, they apologized for sprint (which they didnt have to do) and swapped my phone, unfortunately new phone is still crawling and the tech guy at apple was amazed at how crap the service is. Moral of the story dont get a sprint phone ever and cross fingers for them to go out of business. sprint sux!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.