cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 won't roam (voice or data), even when CDMA service is widely available!

Journeyman

iPhone 5 won't roam (voice or data), even when CDMA service is widely available!

I have a company-provided iPhone 5 on a national corporate account.  While have loved my two iPhones before this one (a 3GS from AT&T and a factory-unlocked 4S), the current issue is not my favorite.  This is due in no small part to the less-than-stellar coverage in my area.  (e.g. no LTE in Michigan at all... and no plans to... even though Indianapolis and York, PA are getting it soon.  WTF?!?)  The purpose of this post, however, is to see if I can solve a more critical problem. 

Last week, while in northern Michigan, I could not get the phone to roam at all.  No voice, no data, nothing.  All of the roaming settings were turned on.  I also cycled the phone on and off a few times.  There was solid Verizon coverage, and the areas in question (e.g. ZIP 49749, among others) are clearly shown as having service available by roaming.  I was in a group of people with AT&T and Verizon phones who had no voice problems, even modest data connectivity.  I, however, was getting squadoosh for service.  I might as well have been on the moon.  The less-than-friendly and rather dismissive store rep in Troy, MI last night told me that it should be able to roam on Verizon, and if it doesn't, I have to go to the Apple store because it's a hardware problem.  Really dude?  That's all you've got?  (Maybe he's just jaded from unhappy customers yelling at him about poor coverage?)  Anyhow, I'm thinking there's something more to this, and want to seek peer and Sprint technical support before I throw this in Apple's lap.  I will soon have reason to travel back into rural northern Michigan for work, and can't afford to have no connection. 

After reading post after post about people having the opposite problem, where their phones would not stop roaming, I have tried the network update (##873283#) and a soft reset, and that seems to improve my connection at least in my office.  What I need to know is if there is anything else I can or need to do to ensure that when I go north again, my phone will start talking with the Verizon towers?  I can't wait until I'm stuck in the situation to find that I still have no service.

Any and all advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.