cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

important July 5, 2012 update: If you live in NYC & Have Sprint Phone Outage Issues Read This

Highlighted
Journeyman

important July 5, 2012 update: If you live in NYC & Have Sprint Phone Outage Issues Read This

So, after much frustration, I spoke again with a Sprint Customer Service Supervisor who told me that the outage problem in NYC has nothing to do with a storm knocking out tower service, but is actually SPRINT ITSELF taking Towers out in order to do upgrades for an improved Network Vision network. Basically, they are doing upgrades to the towers. They had NO idea when service would be restored as they don't know how long it will take to upgrade all the towers. Some people in NYC may be out of data service longer than others, depending on the towers serving their area and whether those towers are currently being upgraded or have completed upgrading. I was soooo frustrated by this because Sprint did not inform ANY of their NYC customers of these upgrades and the impact in loss of data service over several days or even weeks. That would have been the appropriate thing to do and the proper way to treat customers. There was neither a mass email to NYC customers warning them of this impending work, nor a press release on it. Tacky. The office of Sprint CEO Dan Hesse is not responding to emails - and the Cust. Service Reps on Twitter were not any more helpful. I am so appalled by this and I have definitely determined that when my contract is up in November of this year, I am leaving Sprint for Verizon. I am also dumping their equally tacky and customer service deficient cousin, Blackberry/RIM, and going to Apple. I have gone days without service that I need to function and I am so angry right now. Some people are looking forward to the Presidential election in November of 2012, I am looking forward to dumping Sprint. I have been a customer since 2006 and I should have been treated better. But I would still voice my opinion to their CEO at: dan@sprint.com to let him know how you feel about this disruption in service and no communication with customers. I sure am and I am going to take further action.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry you feel that way. Consider yourself lucky that Sprint is doing network upgrades in your area. I know I would. I've been waiting for more than half a decade for significant network upgrades.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you. Can't wait for my contract to end so I can go to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, an update. I have been without Data service for about a week now. I spoke with someone from Sprint CEO Dan Hesse's office and this is what they told me: I will be without data service at least until July 11, 2012 and possibly as late as July 15, 2012-(worst case September 2012) and that the reason is the Network Vision updates that Sprint is doing. WTF!!!!! I expressed my extreme frustration at having Sprint decide to NOT honor their end of the contract and force me to demand they repay me for the lack of service. I shouldn't have had to call. They should have offered anybody with an Everything Data or Simply Everything Plan reimbursement and future reimbursement for loss. The person I spoke with on the phone seemed to get that deliberately denying someone cellphone service for weeks is unconscionable, but i don't think the company even cares as they have yet to apologize to the customers - particularly in NYC - that they were doing this work and would take out their service. Not having data service (no voicemail, no text, no email service) for three weeks is just ridiculous. If anyone else is hainvg this same issue, let me know. Does the media know about this? We really should file a complaint about Sprint and what they have done. This is really beyond poor customer service. I have already complained to the Better Business Bureau about this because they really owe the customers more than apologies and a deal-with-it attitude. I WANT MY BLACKBERRY SERVICE BACK! So, this is the confirmation email I got back from the representative after our conversation on Tuesday:

"Thank you for contacting Dan@sprint.com and for speaking with me today. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience assocated with the network upgrades.Per our conversation, our records show some network upgrades are expected to be completed from July 11, 2012 - September 2012. You will continue to see improvement as our network engineers are working. Your feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed..."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm curious if your issue has been fixed. I'm going through a similar situation since October 1st. I've been back and forth with the guys at OKC trying to figure this crap out and after 2 weeks they want to send me to a Sprint store to check my Blackberry 9930, because now they think it's the phone. I think it's bull and everyday you speak with them they tell you the issue is scheduled to be fixed the next day. I have spoken to 3 Supervisors and a bunch of techs and although they seem empathetic to your situation and sound like they're going to really help you, in the end you're back to sqaure one again with NO RESOLUTION!

I can't connect to make a call or text in certain areas of the Bronx and Manhattan. So it's intermittent, but very annoying! I went to the Sprint store and they told me that it's a Network issue and that there's no estimated time frame when these towers will be fully up and running. Hope it's fast.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having problems too in nyc I have evo 4g lte and I cant send or receive text and my phone is constantly losing service

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm speaking with someone from OKC Network department and she's saying they are estimating this fix between November and December, but there's a possibilty it may have be finished soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sure, I'm not having as many problems as before, but it was in no way resolved like it should have been. I took my complaint to the Better Business Bureau and, each time, Sprint would respond with some corporate letter about how they are working diligently, blah, blah. Each time, I would tell the BBB that I was not satisfied with Sprint's answer, but they don't do anything but let the company respond and then assume the issue is resolved if you don't keep stating that what they are saying is bullshit. The runaround could go on forever. Basically, MellyMelnyc, the problem with your service is Sprint is working on expanding their 4G LTE network and different towers are being worked on at different times. It makes since that you are being affected now since I am near your area and the tower they were working on that covered me was just finished in mid-September. So, they are probably working on your tower now, and, of course, just could care less about informing you. Sprint was not, and obviously since you seem out of the loop in now October 2012 (I first noticed the service change and complained in July), continues to not be transparent and honest about this project and its impact on customers and still have not communicated properly what they are doing. They have not taken responsibility for affecting people's cell service in such a monumental way for such an extended period of time. (I was out of data service for several weeks). No one is making them accountable, not the BBB or the FCC (I filed a complaint with them too and have yet to hear back). As for me, I am done. When contract is up, I'm done with them. Period. I have always said on this board that Sprint customers should have banded together on this issue and forced the regulatory agencies to investigate Sprint, but most people just want to sit around, be the victim, and complain. People want things to be all better, but don't want to put in the work to make it happen. So, good luck, Sprint community and customers still being affected by the Sprint service upgrades as they go about not caring about how it affects you and only about trying to make money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you totally. To top things off, they blame your device as well then have you go to a Sprint store to troubleshoot the phone and if that fails, they  get you to buy a new phone at cost when you're still under contract and have no warranty on the current phone! Well, at least that's my case here. I'm willing to fight with you, but what's 2 against them going to do if no one else willget on board? What sucks too is that I have friend who are on Sprint and live and work near me and they're fine! So, then I question my device. Annoyed.com

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.