cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s 3g problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

i have had the same problem. from the start i was getting download speeds of 0.04 and it took me 15 minutes to download a song off itunes. ive been back and forth with the idiots at sprint from the begining with nohing but run around answers and false promises. they eventually sent me to the escalations department cause i wanted out of my contract due to their ****** service but the lady basically said too bad, as long as your getting above 0.01 data down that they are keeping their end of the contract. I honestly couldnt believe they are that shady to their customers. she made 0 effort to bettter the situation or even have a good attitude about it. i asked her if maybe it was my phone and she said that since i didnt purchase apple care that im **** out of luck and that best of luck to me. i decided to go to apple and they were awesome, they apologized for sprint (which they didnt have to do) and swapped my phone, unfortunately new phone is still crawling and the tech guy at apple was amazed at how **** the service is. Moral of the story dont get a sprint phone ever and cross fingers for them to go out of business. sprint sux!

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

I love Sprint.  They give me unlimited data.  My iphone is slow also.  It gets .2mbps.  I was told on this forum that the iphone is a bad and cheap phone to have.  Maybe I should get a better phone to get faster speeds.  Do you know which phones are better?  I dont think its the network cause Sprint will make our bill cheaper if the network is slow.  They give us unlimited data.  Thats why I came to Sprint from Cricket.  Maybe if I got a 32 gig instead it will be faster.

Wizard

iphone 4s 3g problems

Hello phill_up. I apologize on behalf of Sprint for the poor service you've experienced. The iPhone is a 3G only device, so slower speeds are expected, but 40 kbps sounds a little slow to me (but not unheard of). Depending on where you live you may have older towers in your area. Because you have swapped out the device at Apple, I suspect this is the case for you. The oldest flavor of 3G (1xRTT) nomially runs 40-70 kbps, where as EVDO rev0 runs at 400-700 kbps and EVDO revA runs nomially runs 0.60 to 1.4 Mbps and peaking at 3.1 Mbps. I would like your permission to check the network in your area. Do you mind sending me zip to I can see what I can find out? In addition, I invite you to check out sprint.com/network where you can see recent upgrades and expected upgrades for the next six months.

Also, I do recommend that you purchase AppleCare+ from Apple at the Apple Store. AppleCare+ can be purchased within 30 days for the iPhone at the Apple Store only. Sprint just opened up iPhone purchases for Sprint employees and I spent the extra $99 for the protection. -T.

Wizard

iphone 4s 3g problems

NewToSprint2102, the 32 Gb model will not increase the speed of the device much. The extra gigabytes do allow you to store more on the device. If you find that you are filling the device up with music, movies and files, then you will see the device become sluggish and I would recommend you upgrade to the larger device. Click here for more tips if you find your device is slow or unresponsive. -T.

iOS: Unresponsive Device - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

Sure, my zip code is 77081 in Houston tx. The original phone was slow as is the replacement one.

Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

My phone is getting .2mbps cause it is a 16 gig?  If I get the 32 gig then what speed will it get?  Maybe .4mbps?

My husband has the Samsung Epic Touch and also gets .2mbps.  if he puts in a 32gig sd card will his phone be faster also?

Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

No, the size of your disk space has nothing to do with the network speeds. My iPhone 4s is a 32 gig and that doesn't make any difference as to how fast u can download off the sprint network.

Wizard

Re: iphone 4s 3g problems

phill_up, I checked out the network in your area and did find some towers down for maintainance. I sent you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Journeyman

Ya'll always say its a tower down.

Wizard

Slownetwork if you are cooperativeI can help you. What can I do for you?    

Journeyman

iphone 4s 3g problems

as helpful as your peers?  who told me "I see that there is an open network ticket that is being worked  by on  at this time no ETA is showing"... thats sooooooooooo helpful, I cant wait for whenever to get here so my phone works again!

Wizard

iphone 4s 3g problems

sprint_pound_Fail, can you elaborate on something I can help you with?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.