Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data connection with 3g on HTC evo 3D

Journeyman

no data connection with 3g on HTC evo 3D

When trying to browse the internet, app store, use gps, email or really any app on the phone while connected to just regular 3g, I get the message:

"You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi in Settings"

Everything works fine if I connect to 4g or Wi-Fi, but that drains the battery pretty quickly and I can't connect in all areas. For some reason 3g has just stopped working.

Mobile network is on, I have full bars, and I have tried updating the profile and PRL while connected to Wi-Fi and get the 1012 error: "The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later." I've taken the battery out and tried again. I've even done a factory reset a couple times.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: no data connection with 3g on HTC evo 3D

Sorry for the inconvenience. Make sure that WIFI  is off and Mobile Network is on. Power cycle(pull battery and put back battery in after a min) and complete a data profile update. Access web. Also, I would like to have your zip code so that I can check if there is any reported outage going on at your location.

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. As I stated above, I've tried all that. I am unable to do a data profile update. zip code is 91606.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of yesterday evening I had the same issue come up. My phone does not get 3g. And in a strange twist, my 4g, which usually doesn't work, or has 1 bar, is now at full bars, and I am pulling down close to 6 megs in speed tests. My wifes blackberry has had the same issue with no 3g. I have also done the profile update, prl, update, and battery pulls on both phones. I am pretty sure this has to do with the data network upgrades they have been doing as part of the nationwide LTE upgrades. On a side note, my call signal was horrible for the past 4 months and finally went back to normnal 2 weeks ago, now it seems they have moved on to upgrading data(?). I was thinking of calling sprint support, but I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to just flat out tell us that there" will be degraded service due to network maintenance". But I do hope 3G comes online again soon, 4G is killing my battery, and I need data for work emails.

Zip code 11375

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues in North Carolina, there is not 3g service down here. Zip Code 27406

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the same issue. It is EXTREMLY annoying. In addition to that, I have been dropping calls like crazy. I can sometimes get a call to go through but after about 3 seconds it will state "call disconnected".I will get mutilple error issues too (such as error 65, 67 radio interface error, 102 and a few others I can't remember). I never had any trouble with Sprint until the last few weeks. 3g doesn't work on my HTC EVO 3d and 4G only gets one bar. Also, text messages are delayed, meaning I will not get texts that someone sends me until hours later. It is seriously infuriating and makes me want to go to a different carrier. I like that Sprint has the unlimited plans, but they don't do any good if you can't use them (and not to mention that I pay close to $100 every month). Zip codes that I use most frequently 19116, 19040. ANY help would be great!

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

No 3G nor 4G service. Zip 08882

Any suggestion

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anybody had trouble with service in the Milwaukee area or Dayton Ohio area?? I have been having trouble making calls and recieveing as far as saying I'm not authorized to make calls??

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.