cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

For the past couple of days I've been having issues with bad reception and calls not coming through. People have tried to call me and say that it rings a few times then goes to voicemail, but on my end I don't see/hear any calls or get any missed call notifications. And on the calls that do come through or when I call out, the reception is bad...cuts in and out and the call is disconnected due to lost signal. Is there a network outage in the area or work being done in zip code 38104?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I logged on to ask the same question. My problem is the same, but it started today. The weird thing is my phone shows full bars. My 3g is also really bad at .06 mbps down and 999 ping. Is anything going on in the 90805 area?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem in 43113 minus speed issue, calls not ringing in.  Well, speed issue sort of, getting my "normal" 300 kb/s down, wow blazing fast.  On that note my nearby 4G is even more terific at a whopping 500 kb to 1200kb/s down and 1400kb/s up, shockingly "fast".  At first I tought it was a google voice issue..  My wife and I both have the same phone, E4g Touch.  We had a coupel strange problems the google voicemail app after update taking the phone instead of just voicemail.  Fixed that and the phone's still worked.  A few days latter my wife's didn't answer when I called, found out her phone wasn't rining.  Assumed it was google screwing up again since mine still worked.  Couldn't get it working.  Support with sprint for 3 hours, factory reset phone (fun, have to set up phone again), still not working.  Said they would submit a ticket and notify us after like 56 hours, WHAT?????, if they could resolve the issue.  Next day her phone works again, for a few hours.  Mine is still working fine, until I get home, I found because she said my voicemail went back to sprint instead of google, I called it verify and it didn't ring but went to sprint voicemail.  I logged into my voice account and stopped the voicemail and started it again, works now but still can't receive calls.  A couple times we tested to see if call waiting worked, and the calls would come in on call waiting but not if your not on the phone.  I will try when I go to work tomorrow and see what happens, I work 45 minutes a away and travel thorugh many zips on the way and at work.  Intrested to see if it is all of sprint, just our phones, the tower or what.  At this point doesn't seem to be a google voice issue, by the way this point I have shut down all off my wife's voice account, even disbled the google voice number.

Highlighted

lin_070,

I am sorry to hear of your intermittent service.  I realize how frustrating this must be for you.   I tried researching your zip code, however, I am needing a little more information from you so that I am able to verify if we are having a network upgrade, or if a tower has malfunctioned offline.

Please provide cross streets of locations that you are experiencing service related issues.

I look forward to corresponding with you!

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

HaLo17,

I appreciate your post also regarding your service.  Your zip code alone, unfortunately, doesn't provide me with truly accurate network performance as would cross streets to your location(s), or better your account information.

I would like to research this further for you.  Please send me cross streets of your location also. If I need additional information such as phone number, etc... I will send you a private message.  I don't want you to compromise your privacy posting that information over the forum.

I look forward to corresponding with you also!

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

kylesdroid,

Wow!  I hate to hear of this. I apologize for this, and would like to assist. I am going to need your account profile access.  I am sending you a private message.

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not receiving calls either. This has happened in the past.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.