cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outside my home area, voice connects to American Roaming - suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

outside my home area, voice connects to American Roaming - suggestions?

For the last 6mos - year, when I leave my home area, my phone doesn't connect properly to the Sprint network.  I live in Charlotte, NC and just got back from Asheville - while in Asheville, any phone active on my line can't make or receive calls.  The data works fine, but voice service connects me to the American Roaming nextwork (it asks me to buy a PIN to make a call)  I've had the same problem with a Blackberry, a Moment, and now with my LG Optimus.  Every time I have trouble, I call in to tech support and they say that it's a problem with the phone.  With the Blackberry, they told me to do a hard reset and that still didn't solve the problem.  I did the same with the Moment and that didn't solve the problem either.  Needless to say I was reluctant to do it again with my LG.

This past weekend, the phone was connected and data was working (I had the "3G" icon in the top of the screen) but when you'd go into the settings the network showed as "Unknown".  I spent an hour and a half on the phone with tech support (called from a landline) and they were at a loss - the rep I was talking to had two other people helping him out and he still couldn't figure out what the problem was. Whenever I reprogram the phone, the MSID comes up as 0000000000, so Adam from Account Services said that might be my problem.

Everyone I talk to says it's a problem with the phone, but I've had the same problem with three different phones from three different manufacturers (on different plans too), so at this point it can't be the phone.  Phone support said to bring it to a store, repair center says it's got to be a problem with the network.  Any suggestions on who I could talk to in order to try and get this fixed? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming is included in my plan, BTW.  It worked perfectly until about a year ago, and it's only in some areas.  It works fine in VA Beach, Atlanta, and Key West - down 85 between here and Atlanta I can't make calls and also on the way to Asheville it doesn't work.  When it's not working, I also can't dial *2 which makes me think it's not even connected to Sprint's network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody out there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone call in to Executive Customer Service - supposedly they'll get back to me within 7 business days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just spoke to Matt from the network support team, he got some more info from me and said theyll talk to me soon.  He also said they'd send me a text message with info on how to contact them - big surprise, never came. At least he called me back.

Highlighted
Wizard

Any chance you've updated your PRL?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, updated prl, data profile, reprogrammed, hard reset- still no luck.  Talked to one of the network engineers yesterday,  he said it sounded like a provisioning issue so he forwarded it on to that team, hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.