cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puzzling signal issues

Highlighted
Patron

puzzling signal issues

I have a HTC Evo Shift 4G and the other phone on my plan is a LG Optimus S. Today as I was with the person to had the other phone on my plan I noticed that their phone had perfect signal where as my HTC was in roaming. We were in all of the same places and they never went into roaming. Where my phone was in roaming the entire time. I have been told that their have been and are signal issues in my area (48763. Northern Michigan) I am just baffeled why when both phones are on the same network and the same plan is one roaming and one is not. I need some awnsers.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

puzzling signal issues

First off, check for PRL updates in Menu > Settings > System Updates. If there's no change, Go to Menu > Settings > Mobile Networks and make sure there is a checkmark next to Data Roaming. The "Roaming" setting should be set to "Automatic" for the best service, but you should toggle this to Sprint Only for a few seconds until your phone indicates it's connected to Sprint. Then change the setting back to Automatic. Does it maintain the Sprint connection? If not toggle airplane mode on for at least  60 seconds, then turn it back off. Let me know if this helps.

Patron

puzzling signal issues

I did everything you told me to do in the order that you told me to do it and nothing worked. There was no PRL update. When I went to Sprint only I did connect then switched back and now have NO signal. After doing the Airport mode step for 2 minutes I am still not receiving signal.

Wizard

puzzling signal issues

Sorry about the delay getting back with you. I sent you a private message.

Patron

puzzling signal issues

Well after spending over 10 hours on the phone with multiple reps I  finally got the new device and it is having the same signal issues. The  LG is still running strong. I am sick and tired of being passed around  so much!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.