cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Premium" data plan = "Useless" data plan on iPhone 4S

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Premium" data plan should be renamed to "useless" data plan because at these speeds it is really useless. Checkout their speeds in the New York City zip code 10016:

photo.JPG

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Wow... that is faster than mine... I'm having speeds of .07 - .10.   You're right, these kind of speeds are useless... I might as well get a time machine and go back in time to the early 1990's and use a 14.4K modem... even that would be faster...

Highlighted
Patron

Wow, consider yourself lucky. Your ping is 4x - 10x faster than mine and your connection speeds are at least 3x - 10x faster.

Don't let them fool you either. This i not an iphone issue. I mean, I could see it if maybe i were getting 600kbs as opposed to 1.5mbps but I'm getting 35kbs. It's not just me, it's not just iphone users.

This was a horribly executed expansion that they were not prepared for. The fact that they are trying to cover up their own screwups by shifting the blame toward Apple and then even going as far as saying it's only a fraction of their iphone users. Hah. I'm canceling my account today or tomorrow (depending on how many people are in the store bitching) and never coming back to Sprint.

Sprint - you had your chance to expand your numbers and you blew it. You look like a horribly run company. All you had to do was come out and say that your network is having issues, that you are working to solve them as quickly as you can, and I would have stayed on. Instead, you pull the shinanigans that you are.

Lovely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I switched to Sprint years ago for the "Simply Everything" plan for 99 a month. I am a heavy voice user and need data for email on my phone. They now tell me I have to pay an additional 10 bucks for what I thought was already an unlimited plan for a 3G phone. Clearly the people in the head office, which I have contacted directly in the past, have no idea what EVERYTHING means. They then had the audacity to call their additional 10 bucks "Premium" and in the words of the office of Dan Hesse "to ensure a fuller, richer data experience...". Clearly the people that respond to emails from his office do not have a clue what they are doing or saying, showing that from the top down Sprint is a poorly run company. A rich and full experience in my opinion should be better than a 56k modem, when I am lucky.

As a new iPhone on Sprint user I have been timing out and not being able to perform simple tasks such as Google Searches due to such poor network speeds. I have gotten speeds up to 1.5MBPS on the 3G network meaning that the network is the issue and not the phone. Sprint has chosen to sell a product it cannot support and above that charge more for it. I am debating on whether I take the hit and pay the cancel fees, which I will negotiate, and spending more to move to ATT or Verizon. Sprint and their Ivy League quotes on customer service have finally shown me why more expensive plans are better from Verizon or ATT.

Sprint wants to play with the big boys but isn't willing to back it up with a network that works better than dial up speeds. I have also tested certain going to web pages with my buddies that have new 4S phones with ATT and Verizon and both of them made my service look stupid.

I am a small business owner and if I quoted out an “all inclusive” project then went back and asked for more money to show up on time the customer would fire me, and rightfully so.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Sprint wants to play with the big boys but isn't willing to back it up with a network that works better than dial up speeds. I have also tested certain going to web pages with my buddies that have new 4S phones with ATT and Verizon and both of them made my service look stupid."

Well, Sprint advertises that you can't slow down.  They are right.  You can't get any slower.  I dream of 1.5MBps speed.  My Epic 4G is getting 89kbps download speed test results here on South Beach.   38 upload speed.  That's right....you're seeing that correctly....kbps.

That 4G Sprint said would be here a year ago has never showed up either.  (I really hate liars, don't you?)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your flying.  Faster than me here on South Beach.  0.30 mbps downlaod and 0.03 mbps upload.  How did you get a higher upload than download speed?  That's a pretty good trick.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.