cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tower help

Highlighted
Journeyman

tower help

Please help!  We have never had a problem dropping calls or poor voice connection until recently.  We were at the bank yesterday roaming (see map).  What's going on?  First slow data and now poor call quality?   Are our towers getting the "network vision" upgrades?  It's getting hard to stomach our sprint bill while relying on google voice and my home wifi to make calls.  Any help or info would be appreciated GREATLY.  Thanks in advance

roam.jpg

I am located a block away from address above in Toledo Ohio 43611

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: tower help

The upgrades that Sprint shows on their maps are just bandaid fixes until they deploy network vision (data speed upgrades are extra T1's for backhaul, voice upgrades are additional voice carriers, and data capacity upgrades are extra 3g data carriers).  Unfortunately, I don't believe any of the Ohio markets are scheduled to start Network Vision deployment until next year, or late this year at the earliest.  I would imagine the problems you are having may be related to them doing the bandaid fixes mentioned above.

Journeyman

At this point I'd be happy with band aids.  Signal strength doesn't seem to be an issue:

root signal.jpg

LOL they tell me there are no data problems here:

root data.jpg

Journeyman

Wow.  It took 5 minutes to do a google search on 2 Evo 4g LTE's on 121st at 304th.  Embarassing that a page plus phone came to the rescue.  Please fix these towers.  I've been watching and waiting since this site went live in June(ish) 2011...that's a LONG "next 6 months"

Journeyman

J_Walker is spot on. Sprint is still mostly using copper where verizon has multiple T1s in Toledo.

Journeyman

Sprint uses T1s bonded with MLPPP for back haul in the majority of the country. A T1 is coper regardless.

Journeyman

Indeed it is, yet you still know exactly what im talking about. You can hop from thread to thread defending sprint, but the fact remains. Its awful in Toledo. I dont want a flame war on a website, i want reliable and consistant service.

Journeyman

I'm not going to try and make a bouquet out of elephant dung, Sprint can be extremely horrible depending on network load and/or back haul. I'll give Sprint one thing, Call quality is great, I've never had a dropped call, and they provide adequate service for my needs (Full MP3 quality music and online radio.). They're investing a lot in their network and it will be much better when Network Vision upgrades are done. Ericsson is under contract to complete network maintenance upgrades, the schedule for these upgrades can be seen at http://network.sprint.com/. These upgrades can only be scheduled if Sprint knows about an issue, so if you're having an issue with your Sprint service you'll need to call 866-984-4962 and open a ticket.

Journeyman

"Full MP3 quality and online radio" is all I want.  Ok and maybe the ability to browse the web.  I can't even stream Pandora on low quality settings without it constantly buffering and skipping songs all across Toledo.

That website is worthless.  It went up around June of 2011 and the 2 towers I rely on most have said "Next 6 months:" (Data capacity and Speed) for over a year with no upgrades.

Journeyman

Wow just ran a speed test....I'd be thrilled with this if it stays this fast.

Screenshot_2012-08-13-06-57-21.png

Journeyman

That was short lived.  Tried the CDMA only mode today on my EVO 4G LTE without any improvement.

Screenshot_2012-08-14-14-58-57.png

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.