cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

understanding 4g

i'm posting b/c i don't understand 4g. graduating to the HTO Evo from a standard talk and text phone.  My question is what is 4g and is there a catch? Should I always have 4G enabled? Sounds like a no brainer to me, but not sure why you have the option to NOT. Is there a cost that comes along with it? More drain to the battery?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

understanding 4g

You don't need to keep it enable, it will drain the battery faster also make sure you turn off anything you're not using like 3g, Wifi Bluetooth, GPS, Background Data will drain battery also.......the cost you're already paying for it

Highlighted
Master

understanding 4g

If you plan on an extended internet session - streaming video and or downloading large files - then by all means turn it on.  Also if you are using the hotspot and need fast data, turn it on.  Think of it like a passing gear for data- you don't need it when you are texting (residential street) - but when on the open road (internet) you do.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

ps. it uses a lot of gas (battery)

Highlighted
Journeyman

understanding 4g

Thanks folks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: understanding 4g

OKIESTRO wrote (truncated):

Think of it like a passing gear for data- you don't need it when you are texting (residential street) - but when on the open road (internet) you do.

ps. it uses a lot of gas (battery)

One of the best analogies I've ever heard to describe it.  Good one!  I like the P.S. too. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.