Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 and NO 4G service in Phoenix, AZ.

Highlighted
Journeyman

2012 and NO 4G service in Phoenix, AZ.

Journeyman

Re: 2012 and NO 4G service in Phoenix, AZ.

I am in a difficult position.

I have 4 lines with Sprint on a family plan, and am pretty happy with the service. I enjoy no dropped calls, and relish the unlimited data.

Here's the rub,

I bought my EVO 4G on launch day almost 2 years ago. Everyday since I have been waiting for the promised 4G service that is no longer on it's way to Phoenix.

Yes, I have been paying the $10 monthly "Smart Phone" surcharge (4G Tax), on 2 lines!!

I have 4 lines with 4 smart phones, yet this fee is only charged on the 4G capable phones.

Did I mention that we don't get 4G here?

On to LTE..... The next 4G industry standard....

It's time to upgrade my phone again. I would like to get the Google Nexus when it eventually comes out  But, when will Phoenix get LTE service through Sprint?

Am I going to be forced to play this game again?

Verizon offers LTE here in Phoenix, why not Sprint? When LTE is eventually offered here through Sprint, will the company go back on it's "Truly Unlimited" Data?

I know most people complain here in the forums, but come on Sprint, this is an injustice. Where's the regulation when you need it? As a consumer, Clear and Sprint's agreements mean nothing to me. I only care about the final product and/or service.

Is it time for me to take my 4 lines to another carrier where I am going to get the service I pay for?

Journeyman

Sprints LTE rollout doesnt look like Phoenix will be a part of anytime soon. but hey every other city that has a lower population than Phoenix will. What did Phoenix do to sprint to be left out? 

http://www.chron.com/business/technology/article/Sprint-to-offer-super-fast-data-access-3460231.php

Journeyman

This is all shades of the last two years of the dangling 4G carrot of Wimax 2 years ago. Maybe Sprint will have 4G LTE in Phoenix in 2014? Or maybe we should just wait for the EVO 7G? What would that be 2020? LOL. Sad sad way to treat the sixth largest city in the country and its customers.

Journeyman

Recent article showing what appears to be a map of the country and where sprints 4g lte network will all be by the end of 2013? Phoenix showing green? guess well have to wait and see. 

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/the-state-of-4g-lte-verizon-sprint-and-at-t/29218

If sprint can get the galaxy note and lte here I will be a happy camper.

Journeyman

Yup, my findings exactly. I have had the original EVO for 2 years now, and I have loved it. However, I was very surprised when I moved to phoenix, that Boise, ID had gotten 4G service before AZ. The new EVO lte is a very tempting upgrade. But why should I wait inevitably for the Sprints lte network when I can get the same phone (att's HTC One X) that already has lte service. Or pick from any other lte phone from Att or Verizon. Makes it kinda hard to find a reason to stick with Sprint.

Journeyman

I would go with Verizon if I could, but they have data caps, and are much more expensive than Sprint. Especially when you have 4 lines like we have in our household. That makes it very cost prohibitive when it comes to switching carriers.

Journeyman

Cannot wait for my contract to end in June. I really had hoped that Sprint would work for me since I get a very good corporate discount on phones and service but this is just too pathetic. Phoenix is one of the major cities in the US and still no 4G and we do have to pay the premium. And don't tell me that it is not for 4G , it was instituted when the EVO was introduced so it is for 4G.  Maybe I will come back when they have 4G in phoenix which I believe should not be before my new contract ends with another carrier. What is the use of unlimited data when the 3G speeds are so pathetic and there is no 4G ?  I have WiFi both at home and work and will be just fine with data caps. Bye Sprint.

Journeyman

Im sure no one in Phoenix will be buying the evo 4g lte lol: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-evo-4g-lte/4505-6452_7-35182267.html?tag=previous%3bpage1

Even the writer couldnt understand why there selling something there calling 4g lte when it barely exists . OH I GET IT. BUY IT NOW AND HOPE IT COMES BEFORE YOUR TWO YEAR CONTRACT IS UP. VERY FUNNY SPRINT.

Journeyman

I live in Tucson and i bought the Evo when it initially came out.  Sprint kept saying they were rolling out 4g as fast as possible and we would eventually get it.  Now its time to renew my contract but i can't justify staying w/ sprint.  The 10 yhears i've been with them seems to show me that they don't care about customer service.  I paid an extra $10 a month for 2 years to have a "the opportunity" to use 4g if i was in an area that had it.  Well sprint, the time has come to renew and it looks like your competitors are better.  Too bad your company is struggling and all you do is lie to customers to attempt to stay afloat.  If you had a little integrity in the first part you might have kept customers.  If Pheonix is the 7th largest city in the US and tucson is the 26th.  Why would you neglect arizona like this badly?