Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Coverage SUCKS! Expand *******

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4G Coverage SUCKS! Expand or DIE!

larryt510 wrote:

Why do people think that Sprint can just magically snap their fingers and get 4G working everywhere?  It takes a lot of time, effort and money to build out a 4G network.

I agree Larry.  It does take time to roll out a technology like 4G, and requires revenue.  I am grateful to have strong 3G coverage in rural Fort Ann NY! Their 3G/4G hotspot, by Sierra is sweet!  I know that the 5Gb cap sucks, but you certainly don't have the latency that you have with Wild Blue satellite Internet.  And, bill paying online is a turbo boost compared to Wild Blue!!  I am dropping Wild Blue and sticking with Sprint 3G, in hopes that some day 4G will make it here. Recently, Wild Blue changed their policy making you adhere to a 2 year contract, if you want to increase your bandwidth, just to try.  That is reason enough for me to drop the fools!!  Be patient people!

Journeyman

quasijedi wrote:

Sprint hasn't built out any 4G network (and technically speaking, WiMAX is super-3G, not 4G), Clearwire is.

Sprint is the majority shareholder in Clearwire and has an active partnership with Clearwire.

Also, please point out where Sprint actually says it's physically "building" the WiMAX network.

Journeyman

My only problem with Sprint's "4G" is I do not feel like I should have to pay the mandatory 10.00 for 4G service when it is not available in my area. I understand that it will take awhile for expansion to take place but why should I be paying for a service someone else is enjoying?

Journeyman

Not only that my voice and EVDO sucks where I live so 4G will suck  as well and no one will come out and check this area.

Journeyman

Re: 4G Coverage SUCKS! Expand *******

I live in the Capital of CA and we don't even have 4G and the 3G sucks as well go figure. Whats so "now" about the now network.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.