cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Michigan? Why is it not up and running yet????

Journeyman

I have been in Detroit and in Flint and there is a 4G signal there but anywhere in between good luck? i live in Rochester and was told that it was going to be up and running in and around our area in the beginning of summer 2011. still no luck, how come the two worst cities in america due to murders and crime have it but its surrounding areas dont?sprint really needs to stop droping the ball on there service, that will charge ou all these new charges for having a smart phone and cant even offer you the service that goes with it. i had a smart phone and was one that wanted the newest and greates phone and was sold a 4g phone. before this i was not charged this 10 buck charge for having this type of phone. now that i upgraded to a 4g phone i have to pay this extra charge and for what? i dont even have the abillity to use the phone the way it was made for. how come ALL the other service providers now have the 4g service and it is up and running everywhere? Verizon T-mobile and att all have 4g in my area and sprint who was the first to have the service is no where to be found??? i really dont think we as customers should be paying this extra money for something we cant even use.

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Sprint 4G deployment = Epic Fail!

Journeyman

I'm frustrated as well.  I've been a very very very long time Sprint subscriber, and I'm losing patience.  For me, the service sucks, and I'm on the edge contemplating a move to Verizon. 

Besides, I hear that even when Sprint 4G comes out, it will probably (comparitably speaking) not be that good anyway.

Journeyman

detroit doesnt even have 4g either. its just a test tower not even on full power. the only reason thats even up is because clear had to have something up by a certain time or they lose that area. they have single towers up in a bunch of areas like that.

now we wont even be getting wimax, those of us that have been buying 4g phones in the metro area get screwed while sprint switches to lte

Journeyman

This is one of the most frustrating things.  Seriously Sprint.  Get it together. 

I know the problem.  Why wate money on Wimax Clear when they are rolling out LTE.

Sprint has COMPLETELY given up on Detroit.  Can't wait for my contract to end.

Journeyman

I'm pretty tech stupid, but why can't Sprint turn the 4G towers from test mode to full mode?

What if enough of us called in and complained everyday about this issue?  Do you think Sprint would get the picture and help out this big metro area?

My co-worker sits right next to me and grabs 15-18mpbs on Verizon's LTE on his Thunderbolt.

I can only use the full potential of my Galaxy 2 when I'm hooked up to WiFi at home.  So sad...

Journeyman

it wouldnt do any good. they only have 1 tower in an area. you need a lot of towers. think about it like this. you and 4 friends go to mcdonalds and get 1 drink to share. you cant all drink from it at once. a single tower can only support so many people.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Counting the days I can tell Sprint to stick it over lack of 4G in Mi. I got a Epic 4G the day it was released, my kids both have 4G capable phones and I have been paying a lousy extra $10 per phone for over a year for a service I cannot even use. Been a Sprint customer for over 10 years. That will be coming to an end soon.