cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Southern Cal (San Diego)

Patron

4G in Southern Cal (San Diego)

Does anyone know why Southern Cal (San Diego) is not on the list to get 4g.  San Diego is a much larger Market than alot of other cities on the list.  I am not sure what is going on in the heads of the people making the decisions over at sprint but there is a reason why sprint is losing so many customers.

Message was edited by: otterdog33

57 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4G in Southern Cal (San Diego)

San Diego has some 4G spots up and running already if you poke around.  There has been testing going on in San Diego.

4G coverage runs at a different wave length than 3G.  These radio waves don't penetrate buildings as well or handle hills as well.  San Diego is a very hilly city.  Look at the cities that have coverage now - most are dead flat.

I, like you, am incredibly eager to get 4G in San Diego.  I left Sprint in 2005 for AT&T - and came back with the launch of the Palm Pre.  I've been completely blown away at the level of service that Sprint offers now compared to AT&T, and compared to "Old Sprint".  I'm rooting for people to give Sprint a chance again.

Message was edited by: realsmartcre

Journeyman

Hi,

Do you know anywhere in particular you've seen a 4G signal? I was hoping to test out my EVO here in SD.

THanks!

Journeyman

Golden Hill - 25th St near downtown.

Journeyman

Really? Like at Broadway and 25th? That's cool. I'll have to give it a try. How did it work for you? Thanks for the info.

Journeyman

I don't yet have the EVO, but a business associate of mine does and resides in that area.  He's able to pick up a 4G signal quite reliably there.  He has nothing but very good things to say about it.

I'm debating about waiting another 272 days until I can upgrade fully.  If 4G were prevalent in my area I'd probably make the jump now.

Journeyman

Cool! Thanks again. I love my EVO. Even on 3G it seems to work pretty fast. The $10 extra per month I pay for non-existent 4G service seems unfair, but compared to the rates of other carriers it works out to about the same if not a few bucks less. I can't wait to see how it works over 4G!

Highlighted
Journeyman

has the 4g spots in san diego been confirmed?  going to have to try this next time i'm in that part of town.

any other specific 4g spots in san diego?

Journeyman

I tried, and wasn't able to get a signal at and around 25th and Broadway in Golden Hill. Anyone know of any other spots?

Journeyman

Possible sighting in Miramar....still trying to get more details....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756799

Journeyman

Verizon 4G

Journeyman

I switched from Verizon to Sprint specifically for the 4G, and like many others was not very happy when it wasn't really there..

I held my breath, thinking (well at least we'll get it before Verizon does..)

The store associates give me a different answer every time I ask, and San Diego isn't even on the list & Verizon 4G LTE has beat you to the punch!! 

Can we get a valid date here?  PLEASE.................

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.