cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal 3G Service in Northeast Indiana

Journeyman

Are there currently any known network issues in Northeast Indiana, particularly Fort Wayne? I just came to Sprint from T-mobile, hoping I would get a better bang for my buck. The 3G service has so far been disappointing at best. Download speeds are incredibly slow, and I frequently get "network error" messages.

I'm told it didn't use to be this way. Is there a happy ending in sight, or should I cut my losses and go back to T-mo?

Tags (4)
13 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

If you give us an address we can drill down and give you a more detailed analysis.

https://network.sprint.com/IN/Fort-Wayne/

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thanks for responding, Larry! 3G is slow everywhere in the city, but in particular around 5620 Industrial Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825.

According to the Speedtest.net App, my current "speeds" (and I use the term loosely) are as follows:

download: 67kbps

upload: 9kbps

ping: 1077ms

Master

See the red tower - 3 tickets in last 30 days -

823191211/2/2011 5:53:00 PM3CPMV CDMA Service, Coverage change FW-Fort_Wayne-BSC_1.1-0460 CH03HO002 CELL 460 IMPAIRED CTMS 18835653-110826

1 ben.JPG

Journeyman

3 tickets in a month?! Yikes! I hope Sprint is working on a massive network overhaul. Issues like this seem pretty widespread based on the other posts.

Is this repair map something customers have access to, or is it strictly for the support team?

Master

It is internal only but is underused by many people who could be using it daily. It has historic info - about 48 hours behind, but it has so much info on sectors for coverage  and service analysis.

Larry

Journeyman

For the past 2 months I have been at the Walmart on Coldwater and wanted to order a pizza, I tried to get online to order from Papa Johns

@ 5440 Coldwater Rd and I get 1x speeds if even that. I drive around Walmart and cross the street to Papa Johns and nothing. How is it that so close to I-69 and a major area in Fort Wayne I can't get 3G.  I am at the point right now that I am about to request my contract canceled. I am OK with paying the extra $10 a month for 4G, even though I don't have 4G. But the fact the I can't get a decent 3G signal in Fort Wayne.

Re: Abysmal 3G Service in Northeast Indiana

It looks like we are aware of the capacity issue in your area. We are working on improving this area.

Customer ImpactServices AffectedTicket #Outage DescriptionBegin
Date
SeverityETRLast
Updated
Cellsites Affected
xxxEVDO Connection,Service 10047 Known capacity issue could cause customers to experience blocked calls, delayed messaging and slow data.  11/30/2011 18:00:00 CST N/A 04/01/2012 14:09:00 CST 01/25/2012 07:31:14 CST No Information
Journeyman

Thanks for the information. But can it really take that long to fix? The first post is from Dec 5th, 2011. Is that the level of service we can expect from Sprint in the future?

No this isn't normal, however you should see a difference once the improvements are complete.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.