cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you able to talk on the iphone 4S and surf the web at the same time on the Sprint network?

Journeyman

Are you able to talk on the iphone 4S and surf the web at the same time on the Sprint network?

I haven't been able to find anything on this in any of the previous discussions that I've read. I was wanting to know if the customer will be able to talk on their wireless and surf the web at the same time on the Sprint network with the new iphone 4s?

22 REPLIES
Wizard

No. CDMA Rev. A does not support this. You can be on Wifi to browse the web and talk at the same time, however.

Journeyman

RE: Sprint Accelerates Network Vision Deployment and Announces National 4G LTE Rollout

"3G Network Improvement:  Sprint expects an improvement in customers’ 3G network experience, including expanded coverage, improved network reliability, better voice quality, and faster 3G data speeds. Based on forecasts of data demand, Sprint is confident its 3G network will meet customers’ growing data demands"

"faster 3G data speeds" does this mean that Sprint is finally upgrading to EVDO Rev. B?

Wizard

No word on that.

Journeyman

you know...i can be on the phone and surf the web on my Pixi.  I've always been confused with AT&T's ad about exclusivity to this feature.

Wizard

Only if you were connected to wifi. You could not do this solely on Sprint's network.

Journeyman

Since there is no word, how is Sprint claiming "faster 3G data speeds"? You can only do this with a upgrade to EVDO Rev. B.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You could talk and surf the internet on EVDO Rev. B....

AlexGillGerards wrote:

Since there is no word, how is Sprint claiming "faster 3G data speeds"? You can only do this with a upgrade to EVDO Rev. B.

Network Vision includes enhancements to both the 1X and EVDO Rev A network, as well as launching LTE. It also includes a complete redesign and tower intradstructure. All of it together will reduce overall operating costs, increase capacity, and improve wireless spectrum allocation. By allocating spectrum more efficiently it frees up frequencies to be used for better bandwidth usage. Newer devices are capable of utilizing these improved technologies and as such once they are in place network-side the entire network across 2G/3G/4G will all be faster and allow better service overall.

EVDO Rev B is not currently planned to be rolled out, this has already been stated in another thread.

Journeyman

You can't increase the speeds of the EVDO Rev. A network than it is technically already capable of. I really don't care if its been stated on another thread. I am making a point that Sprint likes to lie.