cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new customer, unable to receive phone calls...

Journeyman

Brand new customer, unable to receive phone calls...

Me and my sister went into Sprint this past Saturday and both got Galaxy S3's (the buy 1 get 1 sale) and signed up for the 1400 Everything Share plan. She ported her phone number in from Verizon.

I opted for a new phone number. The problem is, I cannot receive phone calls. When you call my phone number, a male voice comes on the phone and states "You have reached a test system". I went to the Sprint store and was given a replacement phone - which did not solve the problem. They opened a ticket for me, and then gave me an ETA of 72 hours?!? I have now been with Sprint as a new customer since Saturday and have not been able to receive 1 phone call, this is ridiculous.

FYI I can make phone calls just fine, I can send/receive texts/picture messages just fine, I can use 3G data just fine. Just can't get a phone call.

3 REPLIES

Re: Brand new customer, unable to receive phone calls...

Have you checked to see if call forwarding is active? Dial *720 and then see if you can receive a call.

Ray

Journeyman

I dialed *720, then tried calling my phone. No dice.

Still get the same message

"You have reached a test system. Please check your number and try again. If you have received this error on previous attempts, contact customer care."

Then a female voice comes on:

"Please press 1 for OET compliance, followed by the pound sign."

Not sure what to do now.

Highlighted

Have you thought about maybe changing your number? I would like to look at your account. Please private message me and once I get your message, I will get more information from you.

Thanks,

Ray

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.