cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued network issues in 20852...

Journeyman

Continued network issues in 20852...

This is a continuation of the issues reported in thread http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/447162.

Is something still going on with the towers around 20852? I was just sitting with my phone in my hand waiting on a call, checking my email, and my phone dropped to "Searching...". I ended up missing the call, and my phone required a reboot to restore service. I now have 4 bars out of 5 on Sprint 3G again after a reboot.

This is the 3rd time I have lost service to my phone at around the same time (6:05AM EST), but the first time I have actually been using it when the problem occurred.

Can someone please let me know the status of the repairs in our area? If this is something with my phone, I'll take it to a Sprint store today - I can't use a service that I cannot trust to ring when I need it to.

9 REPLIES

Re: Continued network issues in 20852...

I am still showing that there a couple of towers in your area that is being upgraded. You may see increased drops and blocked calls and even missed calls  and calls rolling to voicemail. The upgrade should be completed soon and service should be improved.

I can understand this is frustrating for you and we are aware of this issue. I can assure you we are working to not only fix it, but improve your overall customer experience in the area. I will report this issue to our network team.

Ray

Journeyman

When is the timeline for "soon" for this upgrade to be complete?

As it stands now, I am going on 2 days of atrociously slow data on a phone that I need to be able to use for work. Add to that 4 calls in the past 2 days have went straight to voicemail after ringing for 30 seconds to the other party.

This is beyond unacceptable and in 11+ years of being a Sprint customer have never dealt with anything like this before. My second iPhone on at&t is currently floating my needs and every day is looking more and more like a replacement for Sprint as my carrier of choice. It's unacceptable for me to have to make excuses to a customer in this day and age due to infrastructure "upgrades" on a service that I pay a good deal of money for.

If this issue hasn't been escalated within Sprint, it needs to. This is a highly populated area with a large number of people being affected.

Journeyman

AMEN!!  I'm in 20815 and have had little or NO SIGNAL all week now.  Same last week.  This has been happening frequently in the last few weeks and is causing me to miss calls also!!  As much as I pay per month, I don't expect to have this many outages, or AT LEAST lower my bill for the 9 HOURS A DAY that I can't use my phone!!! 

Journeyman

I've had about 2 hours of "Searching..." so far this morning, resulting in 3 calls having to be sent to my at&t phone.

I will be contacting Sprint regarding compensation for my lost service today.

Journeyman

Ok, just finished a WHOLE WEEK of NO SIGNAL in 20815!!!   

I've about had it, especially since I bought an HTC from Verizon before getting the EVO, took it back for no signal!!!  If I weren't paying as much as I am, I probably would just try to wait it out.  But at this point, I'm really pissed off!!!  Time to shop around and post on Epinions.com!!!

Journeyman

The problems both of you're having are due to network vision upgardes, it takes roughly 72hrs per tower if there are no delays. These upgrades will likely be completed in a couple of days, Wait it out and you'll be extremely happy with your service. Alcatel-Lucent is upgrading the towers in your area and they work extremely quickly.

raylitherland67 Do you have Site IDs for towers being upgraded right now?

Master

Idybuge    Sorry you are having a problem  yours is not due to network vision upgrades  but to a tower outage  we are working on repairing

At 2012/07/16 15:19:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Washington DC : Washington DC Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 07/16/2012 10:19:00 CST 3 07/28/2012 07:40:31 CST 07/27/2012 12:52:32 CST DC03XC304 Chevy Chase MD 20815

Given the time of report 7/16 and the etr of 7/28  it looks like they are waiing on parts

Journeyman

Is it policy to upgrade towers that drop offline in areas where network vision is actively being deployed? If not, do you know if it has ever been proposed? I'd assume that just upgrading the towers would greatly speed up network vision and resolve customer issues. I could also see it slowing down due to back haul not being ready immediately at the time of failure along with permitting issues, but I know there are some sites that are completed and awaiting back haul installation so they can send a tech out and connect it up.

Journeyman

Today I just had a call lost after 10 seconds of connection.

I checked the online map of upgrade. With 500 yards of my home, it showed there is 1 voice upgrade in last 6 months and there will be 1 voice upgrade in next 6 months. While I certainly didn't find the improvement for the upgrade already done. And there could be other upgrades in next 6 months? Does that mean this kind of service will continue for months?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.