cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in DC metro area

Journeyman

LTE in DC metro area

Does anyone have any insider information about when LTE will be deployed to the DC metro area?  I've been waiting for years and each time I contacted Sprint customer service, they always referred me back to this web site for status updates, which shows nothing new.  It's very disappointing that LTE is not available in the nation's capital.  I would think the DC area is one of the first places to get LTE.

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: LTE in DC metro area

if im not mistaken it was suppose to be around a timeline by the end of this year and the beggining of next year but im from dc to so i can only hope but you know how much sprint can talk but can't walk

Journeyman

I was going to move all my lines to Verizon. If it was not for the 23% discount, I would have left Sprint a long time ago.  Unlimited SLOW data is useless when I can get more things done quicker with LTE.

Journeyman

i already came from verizon and if i was you i wouldnt dream of making that mistake dont get me wrong the coverage is great but you got to have a good plan cause verizon will make you pay for stuff you didnt even do or use after sprint im going back tmobile it was very good only reason i left them because i wanted to hop on the bandwagon and get sprint but never again

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ask and u shall recieve:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

DC has an anticpated launch date of this month.   Looking forward to it. 

Journeyman

It's live.  I got 2 to 3 bars in Dupont Circle near the whole foods on 15th and P.

Journeyman

Do we know if Sprint LTE will span to/include Bethesda/Silver Spring/College Park/NoVa upon completion/launch of the DC market?

I've caught plenty of LTE in Columbia/Baltimore but that doesn't help much..

Edit - nevermind, answered my own question by researching the link from above, finding this DC-specific thread --> http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-271-washington-dc-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-upd...

Journeyman

I'm getting 3-5 bars LTE, about 15MB down in the Adelphi/College Park area. +1, Sprint!! Now make your way over to Bethesda/Rockville!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.