cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Sprint is reducing their coverage area instead of increasing it

Journeyman

I got a message today that as of March 1 2012, Sprint will be decreasing their coverage area in Oklahoma and Kansas.  Also looks like they are doing away with mobil to mobil and any mobil also.  That really Sucks!

149 REPLIES

MARNOLD6269, I have done extensive research and I am unable to locate any information that confirms what you are saying. How did you obtain that information? Today 2/8/12 Sprint announced that Kansas City is expected to receive 4G LTE and 3G network enhancements by mid-2012. If you go to this web address network.sprint.com (no www) you can see any maintence or upgrades going on in specific areas.

Master

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_network_changes_coming_to_portions_of_Kan...

Sprint is in the process of notifiying customers, Maybe they should also notify employees.

32543#3Smiley FrustratedPRINTFREEMSG: Please view important coverage change information at www.sprint.com/coveragechange

Journeyman

Levi4u summed it up.    Thanks Levi.    Also can google sprint coverage changes in kansas and oklahoma.

Master

Also they are not doing away with "any mobile anytime", It's just when you are roaming you would be using your anytime mins.

Journeyman

I've been emailing back and forth with the Sprint bots trying to see if Winfield, KS will be affected but I keep getting the usual form responses with no mention of whether or not it will.

I love how they make these changes just shy of two months after I signed a new contract to upgrade a phone.  If we are affected, let us out of our contracts!

Wizard

They eventually will.  If you're in an area that Sprint reduces coverage and you end up roaming most of the time, you'll get a friendly call letting you know that Sprint may not be the best choice in wireless carriers for your situation and letting you out of your contract.  It just depends how much you'll be roaming and if it's in the best interest of Sprint to stop paying your roaming charges and let you out of the contract.

Journeyman

I talked with Sprint Tech support on the phone just now, and they said that this will only affect old Nextel customers.  She assured me  that I will not be roaming in the areas pictured on the map, and I won't seeing any downgrade of service.

Here's hoping they're right....

Master

You were misinformed, Sprint is also in the process of modifying the Nextel network, The rep was confused as to what you were asking.

https://nextelnetwork.sprint.com/?ECID=vanity:nextelnetwork

JohnCarmer wrote:

I talked with Sprint Tech support on the phone just now, and they said that this will only affect old Nextel customers.  She assured me  that I will not be roaming in the areas pictured on the map, and I won't seeing any downgrade of service.

Here's hoping they're right....

Journeyman

Wonderful. I work in the oilfield and spend most of my time northwest of Oklahoma City.  Life is going to get much more boring if I can't watch NetFlix.