cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lte speed test results?

Journeyman

Re: Lte speed test results?

must be nice! I live 400 yrds from an LTE tower and my office is 1.3 miles from a tower. Both of which are said to be active with no fail reports. Myself along with others still cannot gonnect LTE and even our 3G service has drastically dropped. Houston TX... Tower located at 11200 Fondren LTE TOWER at 11200 Fondren.jpg

Journeyman

http://www.speedtest.net/android/213493126.png

LTEvo replaced last week

StillI got no 4G LTE in Houston, I got on and off 3G in my own home...Sometimes phone says I'm roaming.

Journeyman

Not all towers are LTE yet. This one must be still old 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

negative, this as well as the one near my house are showing as active online LTE sites. The manager at the Sprint store is also working on figuring out whats going on. The tower near her loacation should be up too and she has no LTE and her 3G service is slim to none

GrandMaster

do you have a link that shows which towers are active and which arent yet? if youre going by the sprint site map then that is slightly off..(this might not be your case) but most people have to remember that they only kicked on roughly 40% in each market...and some markets are large enough to contain a couple cities...so break that down and that LTE is going to be REALLY wide spread/hit and miss.

maltz wrote:

negative, this as well as the one near my house are showing as active online LTE sites. The manager at the Sprint store is also working on figuring out whats going on. The tower near her loacation should be up too and she has no LTE and her 3G service is slim to none

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Fireguy, no i dont. I was relying on Sprint Customer Care supervisor's information. He stated that the live tower info was not available to the public. So far I believe thats true BUT i also know he as well as a few other Sprint Customer Care reps are clueless. I had a PM on here from someone who clearly knows more than Sprint reps do... he sent me to what he said was a live tower... boy was it!!! fast fast holy cow fast! The sad thing is that its the shortest tower ive ever seen! Might be 50 feet max!

GrandMaster

.....see? size doesnt always matter lol...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My HTC EVO 4G LTE got a blip north of Atlanta on I85 about mile marker 126.  Nothing since then in downtown Atlanta from I285 to downtown on I85.  Rumors of successful launch seem greatly exaggerated.

GrandMaster

yah you also have to remember that the guys going out and working on the towers are swinging into the stores and announcing what theyre doing on which tower...for the most part the info they have is only rumored....heck..last time i stopped in one of my local sprint stores the guy told me 4G was currently being put in...wimax...not LTE...i just turned around and went to my usual sprint store.

maltz wrote:

Fireguy, no i dont. I was relying on Sprint Customer Care supervisor's information. He stated that the live tower info was not available to the public. So far I believe thats true BUT i also know he as well as a few other Sprint Customer Care reps are clueless. I had a PM on here from someone who clearly knows more than Sprint reps do... he sent me to what he said was a live tower... boy was it!!! fast fast holy cow fast! The sad thing is that its the shortest tower ive ever seen! Might be 50 feet max!

GrandMaster

thats still the original tower set up...the new ones should look something like this

http://community.sprint.com/baw/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-3220-21717/site_image.png

maltz wrote:

must be nice! I live 400 yrds from an LTE tower and my office is 1.3 miles from a tower. Both of which are said to be active with no fail reports. Myself along with others still cannot gonnect LTE and even our 3G service has drastically dropped. Houston TX... Tower located at 11200 Fondren LTE TOWER at 11200 Fondren.jpg