cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milwaukee 4G?

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

Was looking to buy the new Nexus S but now that I see there is no 4g in Milwaukee....nevermind that!

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

Kevin:  Hi ! Thanks for contacting CLEAR Sales. What product or service can I start for you today?

Customer:  I would like to know whats the deal

Customer:  With Clear in Milwaukee WI and 4G service?

Kevin:  We may show areas on our map at this time where we have 4G towers built, however the service is not activated in those areas yet due to the fact that we haven't started selling service in those areas as of yet.
Customer:  So when would the service start to be sold and will you all cover all of Milwaukee or have it as the map shows it with 4g on 1 block and a block over no 4G?

Kevin:  It depends on how many towers we start out in that area, and I'm not sure of when we would start selling service there.

Customer:  So not ETA on when 4g WIll be up and operation

Kevin:  I'm sorry there is not.

Customer:  So it could be #### , #### basically

Customer:  ####

Kevin:  I'm sorry I wouldn't want to give you a general time line as I'm not positive.

Customer:  two thousand twelve or thirteen

Customer:  Ok well looks like Im leaving sprint and officially going to Verizon after they launch their 4G on June 16th! Thanks for the help even though Theres still no answer!

Kevin:  Thank you for your interest in Clear and you have a great day!

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

SPRINT: hOW YOUR STOCKS ARE DOING SO WELL, ONLY THANKS TO ANDRIOD PHONES. sERVICE AND 4G IS NOT A WINNING FACTOR HERE. Remember aNDRIOD is on other carriers and your stocks will soon crash when word gets arounds of the crappy service, missed and delayed calls no signal and of course 10 dollars for a fee when the marketing has been changed and the service not offered!

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

I was on 20th & layton yesterday & got 2 bars on 4g. I did a speed test & got 8.27 on download & .98 on upload.

Wizard

Milwaukee 4G?

DAKING980 wrote:

The list of communities covered by the new network starting June 16 include:
  • Thiensville
  • Menomonee Falls
  • Mequon
  • Bayside
  • Glendale
  • Fox Point
  • Whitefish Bay
  • Shorewood
  • Milwaukee
  • Butler
  • Pewaukee
  • Hartland
  • Delafield
  • Waukesha
  • Brookfield
  • New Berlin
  • West Allis
  • Muskego
  • Greenfield
  • Franklin
  • Oak Creek
  • South Milwaukee
  • Cudahy
  • St. Francis
  • Bay View
  • Wauwatosa

I see that big red did not put Madison on their list

Sure, there is something up with our pretend leaders here in WI

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

I was around 20th & Layton and did not pickup a 4G signal on Friday. Has anyone been able to see a tower listing on clearwires coverage map?

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

There is a tower next to the storage place on about 8th & layton. I got a full 4g signal there with a download of almost 9 & an upload over 1 yesterday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

Let's just face it, Sprint is not the 4G network they claim to be. Many of the people I talk to that have had Sprint and want to get the 4G service have switched carriers. Especially now with Verizon starting up their service here in Milwaukee and surrounding area's. So when you see their TV commerials substitute Sprint the 3G network for when their President says 4G.

I have family that works for a Sprint distributor and he said, we won't see 4G in Milwaukee for at least a year or more.

Come on, just do it... Drop Sprint.

Wizard

Milwaukee 4G?

Based on download speeds comparison of sprint 3g average sppeds (600 kbps-1.4 mbps) vs. Sprint 4G avg. speeds (3-6 mbps). Actual speeds may vary based upon plan or other factors. This information was on

www.sprint.com/4g. Click on read more under where it says a network built for data. Also what come into play would be are you accessing 4G at peak times where there is going to be more traffic? On my HTC EVO, I got 4.81 mbps on the download and the upload, 1.35 mbps. With you 2 bars you are doing a whole lot better on the download than me and surpasing the max speed of 4G.

Journeyman

Re: Milwaukee 4G?

Tested out Verizons 4G and seeing speeds up to 21 mbit DL. Thats faster than road runner with Turbo Boost!

Sprint well hell 4G is not officially here yet.

im switching carriers after I test out Verizons LTe by my house.

Besides that!

Found out my crappy service is Because Sprint sold Towers to CRIKet Wireless and now Sprints towers are over capacity. Thats why calls dont go through always busy signals when making calls and missed calls that never show up but super late Voicemails. SPRINT the LAst Year Network.

Sprint you GET an F in my book.

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

I got what I got for speeds near the tower. Anyway Sprint made a $20 million deal with Lightsquared to have a Sprint LTE network. Well I wonder if they will add any new cities to wimax after Sprint did that. I guess our wimax phones will be garbage.

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

Starting to switch carriers.  I'll probably be canceling by Friday. 

Raise a fuss people!  Here is a facebook group page so we can start doing things. 

Give us our 4G service in Milwaukee sprint.  NOW!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.