cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide network outage?

Journeyman

Has anyone heard of this?  I have been unable to rec. a text since 5 days ago.  Now today, I go to the sprint store and there is now a "red alert" that the network is down, and no one is able to send/rec text.  Funny thing, my husband on the same plan, same phone, can send and rec w/no problems.  I think it is a load of crap b/c no one can fix my phone.

30 REPLIES
Journeyman

i am having the same issue!  and my husbands is the same as well.. so you are not alone!

Journeyman

Good to know.  Wish it would get fixed soon.  I hate paying for something and not getting the full effect. 

Journeyman

I haven't been able to make or receive texts/calls all day here in Tulsa, OK. It's really affecting business. I hope it gets fixed soon and Sprint pays attention to these forums!!!

Wizard

It is true that there was a text message outage today. This outage has now passed and we're just waiting for the backlog of SMS provisioning to clear. We don't have a specific ETR for this backlog to clear.

Phone calls and Internet service should not be affected by this outage. The official outage began at 1:25PM CDT and ended 5:00PM CDT. If your issue doesn't fall within this timeframe or you're having problems with anything other than text messages and picturemail, there may be something else causing your issue. Can anyone confirm resolution?

Journeyman

I still can't text...I got one to go through about 30 minutes ago but not now. I still cannot make/receive calls either. When I try to call, it says "network failed" and asks me if I want to redial. It sends everyone that calls to voicemail. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack as I have been sitting at home because I can't get calls from new customers.

Journeyman

I have been unable to send/receive txt messages or calls all day but from the area surrounding my house only? WTH?

Wizard

BRANDONLH3,

You may just need to update your profile to reprovision it on the network. If you post what model phone you're using, I can give you instructions to update your profile.

Wizard

KHENDERSON70,

Your issue is unrelated to this outage. I will send you a private message about this.

Journeyman

I don't get many phone calls, so I've not noticed an issue with that. But my internet network has been up and down. Is that related? If I try to open an app that requires internet I get a message that says "Network connection error. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again." And when I try to google something sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not. It is incredibly frustrating! I pay entirely way too much to have a phone with internet and applications to NOT be able to USE internet and apps.

I have gone through all system updates, I've gone through all the trouble shooting on the website...It did nothing.