cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4G Tower active in Naples, Florida!

Journeyman

Re: New 4G Tower active in Naples, Florida!

I am familiar with how to activate the 4G feature and connect to Sprint 4G service on my HTC EVO 4G.

My EVO 4G readily connects to Sprint 4G service in Tampa, FL area, Orlando, FL area, and Miami - Fort Lauderdale, FL areas.

I can assure all of you that so far, as of Jan. 2012 there is NO.... I repeat.... there is NO Sprint 4G service on my HTC EVO 4G here in Naples, FL., and that includes standing OUTSIDE, and close-by - in full view of those towers within the above map area.

Journeyman

We have had members of our pages that have connected to the tower in Naples.  There is only one WiMax protection site active in Naples, and it does not provide a usable signal anywhere near as large as the map shows.  It is located near the intersection of Radio Road and Livingston Road.

However, all that being said, it won't much matter for long.  Since Sprint is moving to LTE for its 4G service.  This one lonely WiMax tower in Naples is all there will ever be.

Best Regards,

Robert Herron
Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Twitter:  @Sprint4Grollout

Highlighted
Journeyman

definitely saving this page and the other ones planted here to make people think that WIMAX is expanding.  this is a good one to show that despite these threads, there really is no WIMAX coverage appearing in the areas that are being posted.  I should add that I have phone recordings of corporate reps admitting that WIMAX is no longer being expanded.  My understanding is that this has been the case since long before this thread was created.

Journeyman

I have and mine still does not work until I get to Miami.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.