cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in house, full bars and 3G

Journeyman

No service in house, full bars and 3G

I live in the Northern Virginia area, zip code 22401, but I've been having troubles since last monday with having service inside my house. Only inside my residential home do I not have service. My 3G works fine, I can send and receive emails, but though I have full bars, I cannot make or receive calls or text messages. The moment I leave the house, everything works as if normal. I've heard of this happening to others, but my boyfriend, has verizon, and my parents, have att, have never had such issues. I've liked Sprint so far, but if the problem is not fixed soon, I don't see how I'll be able to trust their service much longer.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: No service in house, full bars and 3G

Something is definitely up in NoVA. Here in 22205 (Arlington / East Falls Church) data connectivity works fine, but my incoming calls are rolling straight to VM and only some of my outgoing calls work. This has been going on at least since yesterday.

Journeyman

I borrowed a phone from a friend to call Sprint and they said that they have a tower down, but I'm disappointed that they never let me know, email, call, notifications, nothing. They also said they would credit my account, but I'm so upset with this, I'm considering moving to another network.

Wizard

cherrybluegirl & Jeswald123,

I'm so very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues making and receiving calls at your home.  I'll be glad to help any way that I can.  In order to better assist you, I'll need the nearest cross street to your home location so I can determine the root cause of your issue.  Also, is this a change of coverage?  Meaning, did the service previously work at this address or has it always been that way?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

It's worked here from last December until last Monday, now it doesn't. By cross street, what do you mean? As I said, it all stopped working last Monday out of nowhere and as I don't have any home phone, I've had no way to contact my babysitter who watches my two year old. This is ridiculous.

Wizard

cherrybluegrl,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have a phone call that you can't make due to issues at your location.  A cross street would be the nearest intersection to you.  For instance, I live near the corner of 1st Street and Magnolia Avenue.

This will help me pull up the nearest towers where you are to see if we need to report an issue or if our network technicians are already working on repairing your location.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

The nearest intersection is Lafayette Blvd and Jefferson Davis Highway.

Wizard

Thank you for that information.  A Single Cellsite outage was reported in your area around the same time that you started having your issue.  Ticket# 9488533 is scheduled for repair on 08/28/2012 which means are fix agents are currently dispatched and are working on your issue as we speak.  Please be patient with us in the meantime and let me know if your issue is not resolved by 08/29/2012.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

Same issue at 22044 (Intersection of McKinley Road and Wilson Blvd.) in Falls Church, VA. Full bars and data but no phone service with errors saying the network is busy. My service is fine elsewhere in northern Virginia and DC.

Journeyman

Jeswald (above) and I are in the zipcodes right next to one another. 22205 and 22044.....along McKinley Road. I suspect our issues are related.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.