cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S

Wizard

Thanks for posting this information. It may prove useful.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Appears I may be another victim. Just ported over from Virgin Mobile. Do not have Google Voice. Tried resetting multiple times, enabled data roaming, turned off iMessage, nothing changes. Cannot receive SMS messages from some lines on some (read: most) carriers.  SMS messages originating from within the Sprint network appear to work.  It appears that SMS messages originating from other Iphone 4s on other networks do get through although i cannot say that is 100%. An interesting observation is that while SMS messages that do not get through (i.e. from T-Mobile, Verizon), when sending from the same origination as an MMS message it does get through.  Can anyone else confirm the same SMS v. MMS anamoly is true?  Sprint says there is no reason any of this should be happening and the problem is probably with the sending carrier which is definitely not the case.

Maybe as a group we can get to the bottom of this.  I really don't want to give the phone back, but if they can't sort it out it is not acceptable in it's current form. i just do not understand how it is when I call Sprint they tell me they have no information of such a problem in their database.  Clearly the problem is reasonably widespread.

Thanks.

Scott

Journeyman P71
Journeyman

Stop it i been there ported from  tmobile to virginmobile no trouble  ported from virginmobile to sprint contrac the trouble started with the iphone cancelled with in 14

day to port same number to boost mobile trouble stoped every thing works i dont whant to be like other 3 month in and fined out ther a trouble

and have to pay for 21 more month to get out  of contrac lots of people are having issius never heard of google voice till i could not revice text from people

Journeyman P71
Journeyman

Its not  google voice and its not your setting been there done that  and its not imessage it porting your number to sprint try getting a new number if that does not fix it get out of the contac with in 14 day simple then that been ther done that need to keep my number so i cancelled my contrac before 14 days and went the other way its your choice your paying for it you should get

Wizard

TanyaJK, Are you still having issues with text messaging on your iPhone 4S? From you post, it sounds like it may have been just a provisioning issue that may have resolved itself? An update from you would be appreciated. -T.

Wizard

old.macdonald, it sounds to me that your number port didn't complete fully. This happens from time to time and usually the symptoms present themselves as you described. I will require more information to fix this issue. I am sending you a PM right now. Please respond when you see it. -T.

Journeyman

Thanks PhysicsGuru........responded.

Scott

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. I have been trying to text different people with different phones and different carriers to see if there was any pattern but it just doesnt seem to work at all. There isnt an issue with the texts that I send but I'm not receiving them, or if I do, it is hours later. I turned off iMessage and it seemed to shorten the delay but I'm still at least two hours behind. Do you have any other suggestions? I really like this phone but will not keep it if this will always be an issue.

Journeyman

I think one of the big issues which not getting text messages has something to do with google voice although it seems like some of the latest users with complaints say they don't use google voice.  To get some organization on this topic lets have a questionaire for any new user posts (and please keep the complaining and threats to return you phone to your self, no one cares). 

1. What phone are you using?  (This topic is for iphone 4s users)

2. Do you use google voice/have a google number?

3a. For those of you have don't use google voice have you ever had an android phone?

3b. Do you have a google account?  (I would check that just to make sure you don't have google voice)

4. For those of you who do have a google voice number are you using two separate numbers or do you have your sprint number integrated with google voice?

5. Are the missing text messages being sent to your google voice number or your sprint number integrated with google voice?

I used to not recieve some text messages but realized that there was some separation between the sprint google voice integration and the iphone 4s.  I didn't do enough testing.  I enabled my sprint number to be integrated into google voice and am unsure if the missing text messages were sent to my sprint number or my old google voice number.  I just disabled the google voice integration with my sprint number and I have had 0 missing texts (althose those missing text from before were in my google voice account/app).  So if you fall under this issue, either disable google voice or use the google voice app as your main dialier and it will include all your messages as well. 

Wizard

TanyaJK, I sent you a PM with some additional information. Once you have review this, please reply so I can get this working for you. -T.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.