cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S

Journeyman

I just upgraded to the new Iphone 4S this past Thursday October 20.  Since then, I have been having problems with my text messages. It is very intermittent. I go from having a back and forth conversation to not receiving a text for 2 hours.  In that meantime, I have full bars.  I contacted a Sprint technician and they refreshed my signal/network or whatever they did and it still didn't fix the problem.  I am down in Champaign, IL (Zip: 61820).  Is anyone else having this problem?

60 REPLIES
Master

I am showing:

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 61820 in the last 7 days

So, although it may be network related, I'm not showing any outage at your zip code.  If I could ask a few question to get more information, I'm sure we can get it fixed.  Did you port your phone number in from another carrier recently?  Are you using your service near an 'airave'?  (if you don't know what that is, please disregard)  Does this problem happen with any phone you try to text, or just one particular number?  If you want to private message me, I would be happy to take a look and try to figure out why...I can trace your text messages and find out who 'dropped the ball' so to speak.

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

I did not port my number from another carrier, I upgraded from my previous phone. I am not using it near an airave. It happens to just about all the phones.  The problem is when I try to receive a response from people. They will receive my text and proceed to respond to my text, but I do not receive their response text. It's not even delayed, I just don't get the text.

Master

Woah, so only when they click *reply* to your text message do you not receive their message?  If they originate a new message you do get it?

-John

Journeyman

Whether it's a "reply" or a "new message," I am not receiving text messages. As I said before, it is very intermittent.  I can be having a back and forth convo one second, and the next thing I know, I don't receive a text for 2 hours. That is what I have been experiencing the past 2 days since I upgraded my phone.

Master

Ok, well if you'll private message me, I will try to get to the bottom of this problem.  Thanks

-John

Journeyman

I am also in Champaign and have been having the same issue with text messages since thursday, I have 4 other friends in town with the same issue as well. I am actually on hold with sprint CURRENTLY

Journeyman

Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S

I replied to a text and missed  3 replies then i replied again since i didnt hear back from that person and i missed 2 more, just never showed up, no failed texts on either end

Journeyman

Same deal in champaign, missing random text message since thursday.  I am running windows mobile so this seems to be platform independent as the previous posters represented ios and android.

I know of several other people on sprint having the same issues in town. 

Journeyman

I have an EVO 4G, call Sprint

888-211-4727 (Sprint phones)

report the issue, maybe we can get it a case because the Spring rep told me the same thing as the initial poster

Journeyman

I have been on the phone with Sprint three times now with the same problem on my Blackberry.  The last time I called I simultaneously posted a facebook status to see who else was having problems with their Sprint messaging.  By the time I was off the phone with Sprint, who did not fix the problem, I had 8 comments from friends who were experiencing the same issues.  Re-setting my phone and pulling the battery is not helping me which is the help I or my friends have gotten each time we've called.  Sprint you have a much bigger problem.  The only way I see to fix this problem is to switch to Verizon......after being with Sprint for 10+ years.

Journeyman

Here's a bump to this topic.. My wife's iphone 4s is extremely slow at receiving text messages. She replies hours late and says she doesn't receive some at all... I'm located in Miami, Florida and both phones are Sprint. My phone (Evo) doesn't have any problems texting others and works properly on "real time". Any ideas?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.