cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone & texting down in Tampa Bay?

Journeyman

I'm in Clearwater FL & my phone & texting capabilities just went down 30 minutes ago.  Data is still working.  Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?  Thanks.

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

I am also experiencing problems with my phone.  I tried to dial my cellphone number and I got a message that "due to network difficulties, my phone call couldn't be completed at this time"  So I can't call to or from my cellphone.  I am also in Clearwater, FL

Journeyman

I believe so.  I've been trying to call my hubby and the phone line is busy.  I tried to send a text message and it kept failing. 

Journeyman

Glad I'm not alone, Cobbettes!  I don't have a landline so i can't call Sprint.  And I can't find online chat customer service either.

Wizard

Dam_ ... Hope they fix that. I'm heading down there tomorrow morning to work for 4 days!

Journeyman

I'm in new Tampa and have the same issue. Got ahold of customer service who said that there seems to be a cell tower problem. Now on hold to open service ticket. Will update when I get some news. :-(

Journeyman

Just called Sprint from my landline...said there is a large outage and not expected to be fixed until around 5:08 PM. UGH!

Wizard

5:08 p.m. LOL! I heard 5:09.

Can you sucessfully roam on a different carrier?

Journeyman

I had a friend & fellow Sprint user call them.  She was told 5 towers in the area are "working below maximum."

Journeyman

Thanks for the info Zoebaby0.  I was getting a little frustrated trying to find a Sprint online contact chat.  I remember they used to have a chat box pop up when you went on line with a representative asking if they could help you with anything.  It has been awhile since I've been on line I guess.  Hopefully it will be fixed before 5....