cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone & texting down in Tampa Bay?

Journeyman

I'm in Clearwater FL & my phone & texting capabilities just went down 30 minutes ago.  Data is still working.  Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?  Thanks.

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

I am also experiencing problems with my phone.  I tried to dial my cellphone number and I got a message that "due to network difficulties, my phone call couldn't be completed at this time"  So I can't call to or from my cellphone.  I am also in Clearwater, FL

Journeyman

I believe so.  I've been trying to call my hubby and the phone line is busy.  I tried to send a text message and it kept failing. 

Journeyman

Glad I'm not alone, Cobbettes!  I don't have a landline so i can't call Sprint.  And I can't find online chat customer service either.

Wizard

Dam_ ... Hope they fix that. I'm heading down there tomorrow morning to work for 4 days!

Journeyman

I'm in new Tampa and have the same issue. Got ahold of customer service who said that there seems to be a cell tower problem. Now on hold to open service ticket. Will update when I get some news. :-(

Journeyman

Just called Sprint from my landline...said there is a large outage and not expected to be fixed until around 5:08 PM. UGH!

Wizard

5:08 p.m. LOL! I heard 5:09.

Can you sucessfully roam on a different carrier?

Journeyman

I had a friend & fellow Sprint user call them.  She was told 5 towers in the area are "working below maximum."

Journeyman

Thanks for the info Zoebaby0.  I was getting a little frustrated trying to find a Sprint online contact chat.  I remember they used to have a chat box pop up when you went on line with a representative asking if they could help you with anything.  It has been awhile since I've been on line I guess.  Hopefully it will be fixed before 5....

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.