cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

Journeyman

Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

I have lived ~4.5 miles from Sprint's KC Headquarters for more than 2 years. I never have enough service to make a phone call. Can someone please explain why?

Service.png

I await your form letter in response...

7 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

JMB2371,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with service at your home location. Is the problem only occuring indoors? Based on the long. and lat. I show that you have five towers within a 2.36 mile radius and we do not have any ongoing maintenance in the area.

Journeyman

It is not only indoors, though that is a factor. Signal is generally bad in that area even outside. I can occasionally make a call outside if I walk around, but call quality is always sub-par and this isn't a desirable option if the weather sucks. SMS messages also regularly fail to transmit.

One of the worst problems is when I get an intermittent 1 'bar' of sprint service that interupts calls started on the better roaming signals in the area. It seems the radios/software is designed to switch to sprint if even terrible service is available. This I suspect is the most common reason my calls are dropped.

Using data in this area is a joke. The extra 'premium' data fees on my plan make this even more frustrating.

I'm aware there is good service outside this area. If I drive a mile away I've had full 3G and partial 4G, it just seems to be a dead zone close to home.

Wizard

If you send me a private message with your phone number, pin number and phyiscal address, I will create a network ticket to see if our engineers can identify any underlying issues.

Journeyman

Sorry, I'm not going to entertain possible identity theft.

Send me a PM with a corporate email address and I will consider sending a more accurate address and phone number.

My phone number should be enough to validate that I am a Sprint customer. I will not be giving you my pin.

Wizard

Okay, sending now.

Journeyman

So as to not leave the thread hanging in paranoia...ky158151 did indeed verify identity . Never hurts to be careful.

Highlighted
Wizard

Better safe than sorry, right? I just mesasged you with your ticket number and ETR.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.