cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

Journeyman

Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

I have lived ~4.5 miles from Sprint's KC Headquarters for more than 2 years. I never have enough service to make a phone call. Can someone please explain why?

Service.png

I await your form letter in response...

7 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Poor Service At: 38.88315, -94.72659

JMB2371,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with service at your home location. Is the problem only occuring indoors? Based on the long. and lat. I show that you have five towers within a 2.36 mile radius and we do not have any ongoing maintenance in the area.

Journeyman

It is not only indoors, though that is a factor. Signal is generally bad in that area even outside. I can occasionally make a call outside if I walk around, but call quality is always sub-par and this isn't a desirable option if the weather sucks. SMS messages also regularly fail to transmit.

One of the worst problems is when I get an intermittent 1 'bar' of sprint service that interupts calls started on the better roaming signals in the area. It seems the radios/software is designed to switch to sprint if even terrible service is available. This I suspect is the most common reason my calls are dropped.

Using data in this area is a joke. The extra 'premium' data fees on my plan make this even more frustrating.

I'm aware there is good service outside this area. If I drive a mile away I've had full 3G and partial 4G, it just seems to be a dead zone close to home.

Wizard

If you send me a private message with your phone number, pin number and phyiscal address, I will create a network ticket to see if our engineers can identify any underlying issues.

Journeyman

Sorry, I'm not going to entertain possible identity theft.

Send me a PM with a corporate email address and I will consider sending a more accurate address and phone number.

My phone number should be enough to validate that I am a Sprint customer. I will not be giving you my pin.

Wizard

Okay, sending now.

Journeyman

So as to not leave the thread hanging in paranoia...ky158151 did indeed verify identity . Never hurts to be careful.

Highlighted
Wizard

Better safe than sorry, right? I just mesasged you with your ticket number and ETR.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.