cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT TOWER DOWN SERVING LOCAL HOSPITAL IN BOGALUSA, LA..WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

Journeyman

SPRINT TOWER DOWN SERVING LOCAL HOSPITAL IN BOGALUSA, LA..WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 4 WEEKS NOW.. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

14 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: SPRINT TOWER DOWN SERVING LOCAL HOSPITAL IN BOGALUSA, LA..WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

In checking the network outage database, I don't see an outage listed for Bogalusa, LA zipcode 70429.

Please contact customer support and ask them to open a network (CTMS) ticket for the issue so we can get it dispatched.

Thank you,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee

Re: SPRINT TOWER DOWN SERVING LOCAL HOSPITAL IN BOGALUSA, LA..WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

Specifically, I show one tower just SE of the Capital One bank near 3rd and MLK Drive; it's showing a 1.2% block rate and 90% success rate for the past hour.  Over the past 72 hours, it has some capacity issues between 4 and 6PM.

If you aren't able to complete a call, I would definitely call in and get a ticket opened on it.  Our metrics are showing basically 'green', but the customer on the ground is what counts when it comes to tower performance.

Journeyman

There is already a ticket open... Specifically we are able to make calls but not receive them. Sometimes we can call out, most of the time not. When we do make a out going call there is a flood of missed events, voicemail and text messages that happened from hours ago.

Is there any way you can check my profile to check out the number (ending in 1998) or send me a message so you can check it out?

The only answer I can get is 'the ticket is open and we are looking into it and will get back to you' ... .for the past 4 weeks!!!

Thanks for your response, highly appreicate it!

Journeyman

I guess I should also add the people looking into this and the ones telling me it has already been escalated are OKCQC the oaklahoma city quality center. I also have a note out with the priority response team as well as tier 2 tech support.. as you can see I am desperate to get this resolved ASAP

OKC are the 'Pros from Dover' to paraphrase MASH.  I'll shoot a note over, but if they are on it, it's getting worked.  I know that isn't the answer you are looking for...

Journeyman

Anything you can do to get me a straight answer, or even an approximate ETA regarding this issue, would be GREATLY appreciated!

If you have a CTMS ticket number please send it to me in a private message.

Journeyman

Will, when a call gets dropped, does it automatically get sent to Sprint as a statistic for that tower?  I usually will report the dropped call on *2, but I was wondering if Sprint knows whenever calls get dropped.  There is one area I drive where the call almost always drops.  The area is right around I-10 and S. Acadian in Baton Rouge, LA.  Is there anyway you can see which tower is servicing that area and see what the statistics show?  I appreciate it.

Journeyman

OKCQC Replied back yesterday:

The most recent update on the ticket by the network agent working on it states ‘Please be advised that Ericsson is currently working on your issue.  An internal ticket has been routed to the appropriate Ericsson fix agency and as soon as the issue has been addressed the CTMS ticket will be updated and returned.’

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bzeringue80 Yes dropped calls are recorded at the switch and each cell site can be viewed on Sprint's internal network tool to see what percentage of calls are blocked or dropped.  A typical cell site might have a 1% dropped/blocked call rate. I have seen some less and others more.

Journeyman

That would be a cool tool to toy around with... I'd love to browse the Baton Rouge area.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.