cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung replenish- constant error "You have lost your data connection because..."

Wizard

Re: Samsung replenish- constant error "You have lost your data connection because..."

Does it happen everywhere that you go or just where you live and work? You may be able to use Volume control + to mute system volume which may prevent you from hearing the notification, if it is not controlled by notification volume.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung replenish- constant error "You have lost your data connection because..."

I have only had the phone for less than 24 hours, so the only places I've really been are home and work. If it helps, I was also getting the error whilst traveling to/ from each place. I only know this because I can safely check taking public transportation  :-)

Wizard

Would you preferred method of public transportation be Bus, Subway, or Other?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I take a bus.

The thing is, though, I don't care if it goes into roaming.  The sprint covergae is so patchy here anyways, I NEED it to go into roaming so that I can make a call from my house.  All I want is to turn off that dang notification because I've already selected the option that tells the phone that I want it to go to roaming for voice and data, with the roaming guard being off.  Let's just make that little beep/chirp noise go away without making me put ALL my notifications on silent.  It is absolutely inevitable that I will be in roaming, and that is fine- I selected a plan to (supposedly) account for that.

Wizard

Samsung replenish- constant error "You have lost your data connection because..."

Is the volume of the Beep/Chirp affected when you adjust your notifications volume? of so I may not be able to help avoid it. if not then volume control + may allow you to mute system volume to avoid the sound

Journeyman

I do not believe it is affected by the notifications volume.  I will have to test it next time it happens.  What is volume control + and how might that one help?  And have you heard of this issue with anyone else/could it just be my phone?

Journeyman

I have set the notification volume to silent to see what happens.

Wizard

Volume Control + may help because most android phones no longer give access to "System Volume", most only see notifications, alarms, media, and call volumes.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.