cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

Journeyman

Re: Signal strength issues with Samsung Galaxy S II

I have exactly the same problem in Denver (80004, 80227, 80918). If I'm in neighborhoods, even a block or two off the main roads, I get no signal in my Samsung Galaxy S II. I have to have a home antenna booster in my home to get a signal and I'm in a major suburb in Denver just a block away from a major road. I have moved three times into other major suburbs and every time it's the same story. This was happening with my previous HTC EVO phone as well. It's the network. All my friends with different networks get full bars in my neighborhood. When I talk to Sprint they say they are upgrading the towers but it never happens. And yes, I now pay extra for 4G and can't even get a normal 3G signal most of the time.

Journeyman

I live in 55122 and work in 55120 - have been having a lot of issues with signal lately.  GPS has been awful!  Always getting a weak signal.  Didn't used to!!

Journeyman

YES!!  The  worst  issues, the best i can explain is that ever since the  new software it has gotten worse!  It never seems to get  data  service, hard time downloading, it re-sets  my settings  sometimes up to 5 times  a day?  i am so damn tired of payingh for something that does not work.. Do we  bother Samsung or Sprint with these issues?  These companies  want to upsel,  make $$$$ BUT they cant delioevr  and  we are  all jjust  a bunch of pawns in a pawn shop!  The  old  flip phone works and  worked!  But a tab or an i-pad  its  less exspensive and pay for the  old  phone  the  cost  ios  much better  and  you will get service! and  a device that actually works..  very disapopinted with the  samsung galaxy 2! 

Journeyman

i live in VA Beach and have been told  by so may Sprint people  "its  getting better"  working on the network? I typically only have 2 bars on my phone, hard time uploading, downloading  you name it!  I am reading about so many peopel having these issues?  Is teh grass greener  with another company?  How can Sprint sell a service they can't deliver.. Its  mind-boggling to me!

Journeyman

we all need to dump Sprint  i have the  same exact issues, no bars, no service but the VERIZON and At&T phones  seem to work fine!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

Same with me

Journeyman

Since where I live, signal quality was only bad in my house that was on the outskirts of the city and pretty good inside the city, we decided to use a Sprint program called the AiRave (http://now.sprint.com/airave/?ECID=vanity:airaveaccesspoint).  It works by hooking up to your internet service at home and boosts the signal for your phones inside your home.  So far, our call quality has vastly improved and best of all, it's completely free to get.  I hope this helps everyone.  Overall, the phone's signal quality issue outdoors or in the city isn't bad for us, but it was really terrible in our home.

Journeyman

They send it to me as well it work for a week but is still the sam tge phone.is not getting the airway signal either