cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data (3G) in Cedar Rapids, IA

Journeyman

Re: Slow data (3G) in Cedar Rapids, IA

I guess  everybody has the same problem. I been with sprint for ever and the 3g data out here in upstate NY is also worthless is not my phone because is brand new and prior to this one, I had 2 other Android phones and the problem was the same.  There is no excuse for the slow speeds it does not matter where I am the 3g is just ridiculous slow to the point on where I don't even bother trying to check my email or what ever else because I got so frustrated shame on sprint.

Journeyman

my data is also slow here in allentown pennsylvania 18103

Journeyman

well they've kept telling me it would be fixed May 29th since the beginning of January (i'm in Iowa City, IA) and the escalation department said that they would "possibly" talk to me about compensation then... aka we aren't gonna compensate you at all. This is just sad I was scammed into renewing my contract for an additional 2 years for an iPhone... my extremely short trial period was horrible and I was promised the network would be fixed in the next few days by countless reps... "There appears to be an outage in your area (aka the majority of america)... don't worry I assure you it will be fixed in the next few days there are just so many people getting new phones at the same time." To be over capacity is one thing but to make customers pay when they can't use the service well that's robbery. They have 2 more months if its not fixed by then several complaints will be filed with BBB FCC and whoever else

Journeyman

how slow is it, I'm on AT&T fake 4G, I.m only getting 0.10mbpsImage 2.jpgImage 1.jpg 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also reside here in Cedar Rapids, and am lucky to get 30 kbps. I can't even open web pages the 3G is so slow. I'm thinking about canceling my contract and switching- no point in paying for nothing.

Journeyman

I too have been having problems for quite some time, started last Aug 2011, they told me they were doing tower upgrades, T1 backhaul etc, and they really were. However, after 3 months of still slow/unusable data, I demanded some compensation, I asked for  a $60 bill credit for the 3 months that I was "down" Last winter, I must say the speeds improved, I was getting 1.5mbs down and 800kbs up, very acceptable. However over the last couple weeks it is worse then ever, dropped calls and no data. I got a phone number for sprints customer retention division, I nicely explained my frustration and told them I wanted to take my business elsewhere but had 1yr left on my contract, they agreed to waive my ETF if I return my phones in the return kit they are sending me. It's a pain in the butt to switch, and I have been generaly happy with sprint over the last 12years, however I refuse to pay for something I'm not getting. I don't expect uber data speeds all the time, I'd except 256/256, but I'm not getting anything.

On a side note, I have an evo3d and my wife has an HTC Arrive, her phone seems to be fine, so I'm wondering if this issue could be affecting only certain phones? I'm traveling out of state this weekend, I'll be doing some testing, and then deciding if I will go through the hassle and cost of switching.

Journeyman

Finally fixed my issue, my evo3d was stuck in 1xRTT mode even though it showed 3G by the signal bars. I had to do 2 factory resets to get it "unstuck" the 2nd time I used the ## code to do the reset rather than through the android OS, my ping times dropped to 120ish and my data speeds are 400kbs+ up and down. Sprint almost lost a customer because of crappy android bugs.

I used an app called netmonitor, it showed that my network type was 1xRTT, after the reset it now shows Evdo reva

Journeyman

Still haveing slowness, I'm sure that it is congestion now though. If you head toward fairfax, far west side of Cedar Rapids, and get on that tower you'll get blazing speeds, 1.1mb/500+kbs The towers in and around CR seem to be either under construction or just massively congested, they better get it fixed soon, I stopped into Verizon yesterday, their 3G is much much better, and LTE is off the hook, I'll be switching soon.

Journeyman

I am with everyone else. The speeds in Cedar Rapids are really bad. I have complained and get no response. I think we need to get away from Sprint and get some real network coverage! They are probably switching to 4 G LTE so they can let us scab off the other networks for better performance. Good luck with Sprint. i only have 2 months left and then I am done!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

It's ALWAYS "just conjestion.  Rediculous that we pay for 3g/4g and don't get it.  Then we are told (sorry for your disappointment.. is there another phone, accessory, or under-performing service we can con you into...?)  The only option is to give up real unlimited data (sprint) and go to a real 3g/4g service provider (Verizon)    With Verizon serving up 4G throughout most of CR, it'll be hard for sprnit to keep customers.  And then there are the idiot Sprint talking heads (aka tech support via these forums) who insist it is a non issue.  Worthless......................................  Sprint knows EXACTLY what they are doing in throttling back users' data bandwith delibertly.  And then for clarification, I am able to connect to 3G in Cedar Rapids less than 10% of the time.  ANd any Sprint "reps" on these forums can skip the "where are you having problems, what problems, how long..." your fake trouble shooting with bogus end-results are infuriating.  How about just a little truth about the situation.  I bet when the class action law suits start up they will have something significant to say......................  Thank you for screwing the majority of your customers, Sprint!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.