cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint 4G lte speed frm 45th street and 6th Avenue in nyc

Journeyman

Sprint 4G lte speed frm 45th street and 6th Avenue in nyc

I was amazed with the blazing speed so dar in nyc. I just hope sprint moves faster with deploying lte throughout the tri-state. See snap shot of the speeds obtained this evening

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint 4G lte speed frm 45th street and 6th Avenue in nyc

Great.. I hope it continues and come to the rest of NYC....that is the first sign of anything going on. I hope its not just sprint posting as a ny'er just to make us think and wait for the service to kick into gear. Not trying to knock you wcalderon2004.... just seems with all the complaints that are appearing in threads that this pops up.. btw what are you using  make model... and was that just one of many test you did?? Did the LTE show on the status ?? just curious because of the 4g on top...3g 400k.png3g 40MB.png

I can fool speed test too...

The second pic was my wifi fios on then exited turned off wifi and came back into the last program speed run and 3g came back on..

Not knocking you, just pointing out your the only one? Hopefully more people can verify this... and i hope it is true...

The first pic is extactly what i get on my evo 4g lte...  no signal in my home and low speed... what a pitty

Journeyman

LTE NYC Start out.png

According to this parts of Washinton Heights/ Hamilton Heights are getting the signal and the Bronx. Someone posted Midtown Manhattan as well...

Journeyman

Israel. Good morning, what's good mi pana. Nope this was an actual test I took last night. I've been so passed at sprint that I was getting ready to cancel on them. I said to my self, let me go to this place and check if thing are as advertised. I drove from corona queens Omw to northern jersey which is where I live and drove through Midtown following the sensores map app where they showed 4G coverage and found it. Popped up on my phone. Ran a few test and it was great. You should run a few test on your own. Go to those area and you'll find great results as well. Take care. Hablamos.

Journeyman

MAKE AND MODEL OF MY PHONE IS THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.

Journeyman

I agree with these places. I have been in some of these places and I get 4G LTE. I hope I get 4G at Times Squares soon.

I have gotten faster speed, just in case.

photo.PNG

Journeyman

I can confirm sprint LTE is active in certain parts of the city , mostly in the north central Bronx and northern manhattan on the west aide around Columbia U. Here's a screen shot of the fastest speed test I got and one taking a few hours ago. Both where taken in the Bronx along white plains road, exactly where the sensorly maps show.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq231/WilliamBrown29/47C3FBFD-7E09-4022-B128-D1635AC2F9C4-15031-0...>

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq231/WilliamBrown29/6D5671BE-CE0A-42ED-BD2A-F2CE8CE4301A-15031-0...>

So my advice is to just be patient. I know these 3G speeds are horrid most times throughout the day, but if LTE becomes more spread out and people get off 3G it should get better. And in fact those maps are already outdated because I was able to connect to LTE in areas outside of where the maps show. I'm currently at E 225th ST and White Plains rd in the Bronx which is outside of the mapped areas. And when LTE is connected its blazing fast and feels just you're on wifi .

Highlighted
Journeyman

And here's yet another test app that clearly let's you see in fact I'm using the sprint network with single strength quality and data connection. I don't think anyone's that desperate to photo shop a screen shot to trick people. Like I said I know 3G us awful but just hang in there a little bit longer. Once LTE is fully deployed you'll be laughing at your friends with Verizon and AT&T LTE devices with data caps lol. Anyway here's the pic.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq231/WilliamBrown29/null.png>

Journeyman

Some of my faster results taken in the Bronx this morning E 219th ST and White Plains Rd

null-4.png

null-5.png

Speeds are working great as you can see. It feels like using the phone over Wi-FI. Using netflix and any other video or data intensive apps load quickly and play in the highest quality. I really hope sprint doesn't drag their getting this citywide soon. I'm sure more than 50% of the network has been worked on and just needs the switch flipped on for LTE.

Journeyman

Thanks so much on the post... I am a skeptical when it comes to all the promises that Sprint says its doing. I am glad that regular Joe can post real update on their surroundings. Being in the Lower East Side its only a matter of "time" til it comes over here. I am still wondering why they started in the northern part of the city. Just saying.

So far if I walk to the closest tower near me i am getting 500-800 kbps.... but that is 4 blocks.1/2 mile away....

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.