cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Adding 4G LTE to More Than 20 Additional Cities in Coming Months

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Adding 4G LTE to More Than 20 Additional Cities in Coming Months

Seriously there is not 1 4G tower in the entire state of Oklahoma and you have no plans in the next 20 months to put one in.  Wow glad my contract ends in December of this year because you are losing my $130.00/month that I am paying to 2 Cell Phones (one of which isnt even a "SmartPhone").... you have lied for years about putting 4G in Oklahoma and I really doubt you have any plans to do it in the next 5 yrs and by then 4G will be 3 yrs obsolete and you will go back to the top of "your list" and start upgrading all those old 4G towers with the newest technology and we still will be using 3G.

There are 2 competitors that offer 4G in the Tulsa, OK area and both would cost me about 15/mnth more and guess what.... when I upgrade both my old SmartPhone (that is grandfathered into the no "SmartPhone Tax") and my wife's non-Smartphone you will be charging me $20.00/month more for the same 3G service because of the "SmartPhone Tax"....

Hmmmm..... $15 to a competitor with 4G support or $20 to you for 2 more years of "4G promises".... wonder which I will choose

Journeyman

Seriously i have had Sprint for a very long time and im about ready to look into another service. There turning into shit.. Signal and data speeds are a joke In utah. I used to have 4G WiCrap at my house now nothing im lucky to see it anywhere now. But yet have to pay the premium for it i pay over 200$ a month for what? Jack shit i have called customer service and its going back to the old days of bad service. WHy did they waste there time and money with this Fake 4g? so what they can say we were the first 4G well Sprint look at your customers and what they are saying do you guys even care? When we pay for something we exspect to get it I promise if this shit is not fixed when my contract is over i will find a better Provider.

Journeyman

Bum**** Indiana gets 4g but not Phoenix? That is messed up. Get with the program Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow! Greenwood, MS!!! Really? I'm sure the 18,000 or so (2000 Census) residents will fill Sprint's coffers with business!

All snarking aside, this list highlights Sprint's really big problem competing. I won't even knock you guys for the failed Wi-Max rollout. At least you took the lead at something. You're trailing Verizon big-time and AT&T by a bunch in LTE rollout so you play a numbers game of all the cities you'll rolling out when a lot aren't of much consequence in the greater scheme of things - no offense to the residents of Greenwood.

I've said it elsewhere but I'll repeat it here. You've lost me as a customer. Period. I'm not posting this working you for a better deal. Someone in management needs to wake up and learn to innovate/compete:

1. You lack flexible plans. For example, I would have stayed if you offered an affordable pre-paid plan. Using a surrogate like Boost who won't accept Sprint phones isn't an answer.

2. I won't even begin to talk about your failed LTE rollout. A recent test of 4 large cities you claim to have rolled out to had 75%-90% dead air regarding LTE signal. Verizon and AT&T LTE was available 100% of the time.

3. Your selection of phones sucks. 2nd place AT&T somehow snags the great phones first. Like the iPhone once upon a time. Now they have an exclusive on the Nokia Lumia 920. Verizon has the hot Droid line. Sprint? The only major carrier that won't offer multiple Windows Phone 8 smartphones. I'm sure being late to the party snagging the iPhone was a great deal for you but not everyone wants an iPhone (waving my hand furiously) and I think I'm pretty much over Android. My Evo was great for a while but the last couple of Android updates weren't kind to it and it's time to move on.

GrandMaster

not sure where youre getting your info from but when verizon and att rolled out their 4g it took 4 years and they ran into non stop issues..sprint is trying to pull it off in 2+ years..and originally they were launching the NV upgrades by market...not by city..so when they said the atlanta market it actually covered multiple cities..which also only kicked off at about 20sih %

CBANKS1958 wrote:

2. I won't even begin to talk about your failed LTE rollout. A recent test of 4 large cities you claim to have rolled out to had 75%-90% dead air regarding LTE signal. Verizon and AT&T LTE was available 100% of the time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Where I'm coming from is from several directions regarding plans, phone selection and their network.

Regarding Sprint's LTE rollout, you might want to check out this recent article from ComputerWorld: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9232108/Sprint_s_LTE_coverage_found_lacking_in_four_cities. That details the point of mine you've quoted.

fireguy_6364 wrote:

not sure where youre getting your info from but when verizon and att rolled out their 4g it took 4 years and they ran into non stop issues..sprint is trying to pull it off in 2+ years..and originally they were launching the NV upgrades by market...not by city..so when they said the atlanta market it actually covered multiple cities..which also only kicked off at about 20sih %

CBANKS1958 wrote:

Journeyman

I think at some point the cities being selected seem to small geographic areas so that they can say they've finished up another city. But at any rate at the first of the month my contract is up and I'm transferring to AT&T and getting an LG Optimus G.

Journeyman

I know what you mean because supposely California's big cities are suppose to have the LTE service and the sad thing is that you guys i mean SPRINT can't even put just plain 4Gsignal where im at...and i have to pay a premuim data fee when i dont even get that premuim data service. This is sad for a company that was always one step ahead of the competition and now is the laughing stock of others, i mean come on even T-MOBILE stepped up. I have been a sprint customer for a little over 8 years and it frustrates me that the company can not keep up with the competition.

Journeyman

You sound more or less like me. I can't say how many years I've been with Sprint but at least 3 contracts with them. Like nbanfan99, I'm probably heading for AT&T. I'm really interested in the Nokia Lumia 920 though I've got to test one out first once they're in the stores. T-Mobile is an option too if I want to go really budget. Verizon has had LTE here for quite some time and it's great but their new pricing structure is just way too much.

Got to make a decision in November. Loved my Evo 4G in its day but the battery just started showing signs of dying (sure, it can be replaced cheaply) and an Android update causes it to spontaneously reboot every now and then. I could live with all of this but Sprint hides the cost of a new phone in my monthly bill even though I'm out of contract so I might as well get a new phone to stop that bleeding.

Journeyman

If i dont see not changes before my contract ends, i am moving to verizon. the other thing that i dont like is that sprint does not have towers in Williston, ND or in other areas unless you are near Bismark, ND. I guess Verizon is the way to go, I need a reliable network that is everywhere and for a minute there i thought that sprint was all over but i see that verizon kicks butt.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.