cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint/Roaming partner coverage in Alaska

Journeyman

Anyone know what the Sprint coverage is in the Anchorage, Alaska area. I am going to vist family there and wanering what coverage is like for mainly voice, but also for text and data coverage. Basically between Anchorage and Wasilla, as well as maybe even down to the Kenai area.

4 REPLIES
Master

We have a preferred roaming agreement in Alaska and your phone will say Sprint and the minutes count as regular minutes not roaming minutes.  If you look at map at coverage.sprint.com you can see where coverage is.  It looks like there is decent coverage as long as you aren't too far off the beaten path.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

How good is the 3G coverage up there and do you have plans for adding stores up there?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint/Roaming partner coverage in Alaska

The coverage looks fairly good and I have spoken with people on inbound calls to resolve issues when they are having problems so I know we have customers.  I have no idea on adding stores, sorry.

Larry

Journeyman

Re: Sprint/Roaming partner coverage in Alaska

One other question. I am getting conflicting stories. Is it possible to port over an Alaska cell number to Sprint. One place told me no, but I have had multiple places tell me yes. By the one that told me know, it was because Sprint does not own any towers in Alaska, but only leases them. However, my current provider, Straight Talk does not own any towers anywhere, but leases the tower from whomever

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.