cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago

Journeyman

Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago

Just spoke with Sprint.  The tech said the towers in our "region" are being updated and aren't scheduled to be finished until November 30.  We went through all sorts of "fixes" but nothing worked.  When I turned off 4g it seemed to be ok for a bit, but then flipped back to Eastern time.  I told him it seemed pretty ridiculous that we would just have to live with this problem, and he said he would note the issue, but there was really nothing else he could do.  So that's what's going on.

Journeyman

Same issue in 60654 and at home in 60608.  So annoying.

Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me in Lakeview on my Motorola Photon Q. It started doing it on Monday morning. I got an Android patch/update pushed to me today, but that only fixed it for maybe an hour and a half before it started again. It corrects itself eventually, which is a good thing since the option to set/change time manually is grayed out on this phone, but it's annoying because it doesn't stay corrected. It keeps flipping back and forth every hour or so. It seems to be on ET every time I unlock the screen, then corrects itself a minute or two later. Sometimes in the middle of use it will suddenly switch to ET, so it's not just the screen-lock. When booting up, it goes back and forth three or four times before settling.

Journeyman

Im also having the time zone flip on my galaxy s2. I live in chicago (60632).  I called sprint and they had me do the prl and the profile update and do a reboot nothing fixed the problem. 

Journeyman

As a workaround, you can turn off automatic time setting. Hit Menu, Settings, scroll down to Date & Time, uncheck Automatic, click on Select time zone and scroll up and down to find Central Time, click it.

BTW, I just now (11-7-12 9:13 pm) tried setting Automatic back to On and it instantly goes to Eastern Time. It's like it got worse.

Journeyman

I have done that and it will still flip back, even without automatic.  When I spent a night up by Gurnee, it stayed on the right time all night, even with automatic selected.  As soon as I reached the northern part of Chicago, about the Irving Park area on the highway, it switched back to Eastern.  The time it takes to flip back seems to vary. 

Journeyman

My phone won't let me uncheck the automatic setting! Most of the choices under "date and time" are completely grayed out, in fact. Looking at the user guide PDF online off of Motorola's website, it appears that the only date and time settings that I'm supposed to have access to are the two display formats (24hr time or not, and how would I like the date to look). Not sure I want to bother wrangling with customer service to unlock the rest of the settings.

Journeyman

My G2 did the flip between CT and ET in the morning yesterday, and then after an update pushed through it now flips between CT and UTC0 which is 6 hours ahead.  Thanks to that I got to enjoy my 7:40 am alarm going off at 1:40am.  Not pleasant.  My phone also seems able to flip the manual time zone switch back to automatic.  I have a number of alarms set through the day so this has been very trying.  I am going to try updating the PRL and Profile (AGAIN) and hope that the madness ends.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been dealing with this issue since Monday 11/5. I work in the Loop and live in Rogers Park. My time works fine at home, but as soon as I get to work, my phone switches to Eastern time!! Ive tried every fix and it nothing works to keep the time to what I set it to. I have a G2 Epic Touch. Luckily i have a tablet to keep up with the time, but this is still very inconvenient.

Journeyman

I don't want to jinx things, but my phone appeared to behave itself today. It didn't flip over to ET even once. Are other folks still seeing the problem, or is it in the process of being fixed?