cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U600 (2nd one!) not picking up 4G in a 4G - area,w/ 'good' signal!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

U600 (2nd one!) not picking up 4G in a 4G - area,w/ 'good' signal!)

I purchased a 4 G card U600  , worked great , good 4 g signal,--------- laptop died,get a  new laptop, then can't get 4G...........

take  it to where I purchased it.....  told I have to take it to Sprint store that has 4 G......great  thats ,26 miles away,. get up there , place is packed , they said to leave it , call them

next day , ."we have to order you a new one.", busy schedule ,  cant just " drive over " there,  so I get it , brand new ........

take it to where I work , still cannot connect..its a 4 G area ( again , I had a great connection before.)

it says " Good signal " on the 4 G side, but immediatley disconnects  after it connects ( fraction of a " second")

I asked Sprint if it could be my new computer. they insist  , NO. if its connecting to 3 G , its not the comp!

now Iam  getiing into the 3G megabytes, which I will have to pay for I;m sure...........

back  and forth with Sprint and ,store help is useless........

I am ready to cancel all phones and 4G

go with our home service , verizon, buddy has the new verizon 4 G card, works great

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.