cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make/receive phone calls?

Journeyman

Unable to make/receive phone calls?

Is anyone having issues making/receiving phone calls?? This started for me around 4PM today and now my boyfriends phone is doing the same thing.  We are on the same account.  All other features of the phone (text, email, etc.) are still working.  Is it just us?

33 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?

Same here in east central indiana. All 5 of my lines a

re not able to text or call, send or receive

I am sorry that you are having issues with making and receiving phone calls. Can I please get a zip code and or an address close by so I can pinpoint if there is an outage in your calling market.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

I have had this problem for months. It started out as soon as Sprint picked up the iPhone (I had a Blackberry Curve 8350). I barely had one bar of reception, and calls would go straight to voicemail and I wouldn't get text messages until hours later when I left my home neighborhood. Outbound calls would fail, repeatedly, unless my phone went into roaming.

Interestingly, my husband also has a Sprint phone (an iphone) through work and has NEVER had this problem, which is why I thought it would improve after I got an iPhone.

I just got an iPhone 4s, and I'm having the same issues. My husband's phone (corporate account) still works fine

I am in Chicago, zip code 60647, close major address is 3400 W. Fullerton.

Journeyman

Same thing for both of my lines. It takes multiple times for any calls to connect. I will CANCEL if sprint doesn't improve it's service soon. Never had this problem with Verizon. My zip is 46526.

Journeyman

I have started having the same problem as of this afternoon. Around 3pm central. First it was my wifes phone, and now mine too. Our Zipcode is 75035, I did a soft reset, hard reset, reset network connections, took sim card out  etc, and it says phone can not be activated...It doesnt say spring on next to the bars..Mine still does.

I am able to still send texts, but Ive been told that if people call me, it will ring a few times and it goes to voicemail...Pretty frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, when i set up her phone using itunes, it says is not activated, when i set it up as a new phone, it doesnt say that, but if i go under network, it says not available on both.

Journeyman

I have 3 phones on my account.  No service (phone and text) on any of the phones.  It started this morning at 11:00am (05/13/2012) my zip code is 75035.  I cant even call *2 (Sprint customer service)...what's up?

Journeyman

Having the same issue zip code 78664, iPhone 4s not able to recieve/make calls. I am able to recieve texts/emails (but I am also connected to WiFi so maybe that's the only reason I am able to do those). Someone help!

*Edit* My wife's phone (same as mine, and same account) is not working either!

Journeyman

78758 - Unable to send or receive calls since mid-morning. Texts are working on and off, sometimes deliverable as iMessages, sometimes as SMS, sometimes not at all. Tried turning the phone on/off, a hard reset, and contacted online chat who did something behind the scenes and had me turn my phone on and off twice and who swore it would be fixed in an hour if I just waited and turned my phone on and off again. Then again, they also told me to call tech support after it was fixed which I protested was impossible because if it were fixed, I wouldn't need to call, and if it wasn't fixed, I wouldn't be *able* to call. DUMB.

Any updates/fixes?

Journeyman

78641 Leander,TX...Same thing 2 iphone 4s's no calls but can text etc...very angry i had to call 911 and couldnt because of this.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.