cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage" ???

Journeyman

What is "SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage" ???

I am getting tired of seeing this error. My messages aren't going out and texts not coming in. What does this error mean and how can we fix this?

11 REPLIES
Master

Re: What is "SMS Error: Radio Interface Resource Shortage" ???

This is the equivalent of a block - the network is most likely over capacity and your device will retry automatically. Let me check the area you are in -

Where, what  specific location? The best possible idea is to use a business address very near your location – and let us know if you are North or South etc from that location – and approximately how far from it.  With that information we can  look up the cell sites closest to you and see if they have experienced  any outages, or if tickets have already been submitted for them and post the current status.  We discourage putting your actual address in for privacy reasons.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

It's doing this on every message and started a few weeks ago; how do I get it to stop?

Master

We have a repair order for the network problem with a tower in the area - Ticket Number  8781765

This probably started when the "impaired" performance started around March 17th. We expect to have it fixed within the next 48 hours- I show a part is shipped overnight finally to fix the problem. I can imagine if I saw this for two weeks it would be like a clock ticking in my head. Sorry for the timeframe it is taking to resolve this issue.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue. I have an HTC EVO 4G.  I have trouble texting and SEVERAL times when I try to make a call it gives me an error. When I do get it to make the call it is so choppy that I can't carry on a conversation. I did the profile update and that didn't work. Neither did shutdown and battery removal. A close business address to my house is 9770 Byers Road Miamisburg, OH 45342. Husband has the same exact phone, but works in a different part of town. He has had some issues, but only near our home, so hopefully it is a tower issue. PLEASE HELP! We pay $170/mo for these phones and they are not working properly. Thanks!

Journeyman

im having the same problems. all my texts are coming in late and all togeyher. problem is my job requires me to be in constant contact with probation officers, clients, judges etc..... help!!!!!! i pay $100+ a month for this to be happening to my evo 3d

Journeyman

ps the closest business is  35255 sw 142 ave miami fl 33175

Journeyman

I am having the same issue here in San Diego.  Radio Interface Resource Shortage has been constantly coming up, text messages acting up and internet very slow or not working at all.  Help!

Journeyman

I'v been having the same problem in Memphis for the last month or so.

Highlighted
Journeyman

not sure if i need to make a new post or not but i am 302 Goodnight 76541.  I just got my Evo 4G for virgin mobile yesterday and i am getting this error myself.  Figures since sprint is vigrins tower provider i would post this here.