cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hurricane sandy no service in area

Journeyman

Re: hurricane sandy no service in area

Still no or limited service, to reach family or get updates during the power outages, I had to use my wife's and sons Verizon wireless, they had full service, I will be seeking credit or other amenities to help me stay with sprint I am a long time customer

Journeyman

I live on the jersey shore area zip code 07753

Corbinenergy,

I checked the sites in your area in New Jersey. There are several sites impacted. Impacts are due to loss of commercial power, flooding, loss of cell site backhaul connections, site access and damaging debris. Weather and safety conditions are still dire in some areas. Given the on-going weather conditions, we cannot provide a specific ETR for these sites. However our techs are actively engaged.

Thanks for your patience,

--George

Journeyman

I live in an area that wasn't hit very hard by Sandy - inland New Jersey, zip code 08007. I didn't even lose power. Yet since the storm, I have had no 4G service. I can understand the loss of towers on the shore but where I am? It doesn't really make sense to me. I don't want to pay extra for 4G if I can't use it.

Journeyman

I live in zip code 10567 and I still have no service at my house I lost service last Monday during the storm.

Journeyman

I live in zip code 11101 and keep getting failed calls and not receiving any calls.

Master

You are in an area that is still being effected by Sandy.  We are still working to restore service to everyone as fast as possible

Highlighted

zilly5,

I checked that area in New Jersey. Currently our techs are working on several sites that are down in that area due to Hurricane Sandy. And also from the tech service notes the recent Nor'easter storm that happen has also caused some additional concerns as well. We do greatly appreciate your patience in regards to this matter.

Please be safe and thank you for choosing Sprint,

--George

Journeyman

I live in 23898 zip and called Sprint tonight. Because over the last 2 days 3G data began getting constantly dropped for my wireless modem for internet. I'm in a rural area but even when only a couple bars showing data has flowed fine. They mentioned damage from Sandy, but we were fine being somewhat inland. They said that the towers were being rerouted because of work on other damaged towers, so banwidth is down. They mentioned nothing about reporting my sittuation. But if its only temporary I will be fine. This is the first time even being in a fring area I have had such a hard time staying online. Cant hardly stay on long enough to get stuff done. I rely on my Sprint service for everything, Phone, Internet, paying bills, etc. Hope there is resoloution soon.

Journeyman

seems like all carriers except Sprint was able to restore...what's going on? i'm in the heart of New york might as well be in the desert. wouldn't be able to tell the difference with Sprint

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.