cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S - problem with picture texts

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S - problem with picture texts

Just upgraded to the fixed version of iOS 6.  Still takes forever to send a picture text, if it even goes through at all.

Can send a picture via email from the phone and no problems.  Try texting the picture and a whole other story.

No probs with Internet, email, phone, text messages.  Everything worked great on iOS 5 -  can we please go back to that!

9 REPLIES

Re: iPhone 4S - problem with picture texts

Brian_Vogel,

That's got to be really frustrating. Are these being sent via text, iMessage or a mixture of both?

- Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dan - these are being sent by texts.  Was told earlier to turn iMessage off.  Happening on everyone's phone in my plan and we're all in separate area codes (919, 336, 207)

Journeyman

Any update on this ?  This is getting extremely frustrating !  My girlfriend and my self both have Sprint iPhone 4S'...the majority of the time we cannot send pics via text message...they will even say "Delivered" on my phone then 5 minutes later if I go back to the thread they have the error exclamation sign that they were not sent.  And if I include her in a group text with a pic, the people with iPhone 4S' that have AT&T and Verizon will receive it, but she will not.  This is obviously an internal Sprint error.  I've even done the "##UPDATE#" on both of our phones...nothing works.  Never had this issue with AT&T (although I hated their service...which is why I switched back to Sprint when you finally offered the iPhone) but it seems to me this is becoming a big issue...

All,

When these messages are being sent, do you have either a 4G or 3G symbol at the top of the phone or is it a circle?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

99% of the time it says 3G

Journeyman

I have the same problem. Except even with the 3G icon, I can't send some iMessages or emails, or open webpages - the 3G icon becomes a little circle.. I'm finding that I need to be on WiFi in order to use the browser on my phone.. It's getting quite annoying. I'm ready to go back to AT&T and pay the massive deposit so I can actually use the phone I paid $500 for. (64GB iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0.1)

Journeyman

Again...I have NO problem sending iMessage pics to other iPhones (no matter what IOS they have) and NO problems sending iMessage pics to other phones and other carriers (although I have not 100% verified this works to other phones on the Sprint network)...ONLY when it's Sprint iPhone to Sprint iPhone...

Journeyman

I have the same issue too sending text pics from both iMessage and regular text.  It's VERY frustrating!

Journeyman

UPDATE ON THIS:

My girlfriend has a mac...I set up her iCloud last weekend.  So I also set up her iMessage.  When I send her a text picture mail...she receives the text with the picture on her iMessage but still NEVER receives it to her phone...This shows this is an issue on Sprint's side. 

Seriously Sprint...what's going on...?!?!?!?!?!