cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will phoenix arizona get 4g

Journeyman

Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g

PhxNo4GThxSprint wrote:

Well... Evryone needs to go with Verizon. Prob a good reason why they are the biggest carrier in the world.

Plus they already have 230 Cities with LTE versus ATT at 35 and Sprint deploying to only 6.  Big Red definitely has it going on!

Journeyman

China Mobile is the biggest carrier in the world.

Verizon Wireless is not even close.

Wizard

mrhill3618 wrote:

will evo 4g lte 4g work in phoenix, Arizona i have a evo 4g brought june of 2010 we are still waiting for 4g in Arizona i can use 4g all over the country not were i live

mrhill, this sounds very exciting for you. Much better than I predicted.

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Silver Lining for Phoenix and Tucson/Yuma Markets...the schedule appears to be moving up for the Grand Canyon State

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-148-silver-lining-for-phoenix-and-tucsonyuma-marketsthe-sch...

Journeyman

for my area 00727 it says 3 voice upgrades in the next six month its been like that for the last 7 month and theres no data upgrades ,so ibought a galaxy 2 that was going to be getting 4g speed by febuary 2012 and i dont see any data upgrades in my area.

All im getting is a very weak 3g thats goes 250k in a good day cant stream HBO.GO , I also didnt buy the sprint NBA league pass cause the buffering was so awfull .

I surely dont think i could stay here till 2013 rather pay the the fine for all my 3 phones.

But im going to pay you 20 every month for tricking me into this company saying that you will have 4g.

Highlighted
Wizard

ALE1030_PR wrote:

for my area 00727 it says 3 voice upgrades in the next six month its been like that for the last 7 month and theres no data upgrades ,so ibought a galaxy 2 that was going to be getting 4g speed by febuary 2012 and i dont see any data upgrades in my area.

All im getting is a very weak 3g thats goes 250k in a good day cant stream HBO.GO , I also didnt buy the sprint NBA league pass cause the buffering was so awfull .

I surely dont think i could stay here till 2013 rather pay the the fine for all my 3 phones.

But im going to pay you 20 every month for tricking me into this company saying that you will have 4g.

The phone you purchased is not 4G LTE. 4G WiMax is not the same as 4G LTE. To be able to even acquire a 4G LTE signal you will need to purchase a new phone that is not being sold yet.  The new Evo 4G LTE and the new Galazy III are 2 of the new phones soon to be released.  The new phones will still work on the 3G network, just not get the 4G LTE signal until it becomes available in your area.

Journeyman

So you mean the phone you sold me is now useless for 4g wimax that i will never see a 4g speed on it wich i bought for , and im stuck with a phone that only goes 250k speed on your 3G network and you charge me $10 for primuim data for this, dammm is this a joke.

Wizard

mrhill3618 wrote:

will evo 4g lte 4g work in phoenix, Arizona i have a evo 4g brought june of 2010 we are still waiting for 4g in Arizona i can use 4g all over the country not were i live

mrhill3618, message #12 totally answers every possible angle of your convoluted question. Technically I answered it in response #1 but inserting some nice links in #12 to prove my point. It's time to mark your question as answered!

Wizard

...and they (Verizon) cost a fair bit more if you have multiple smartphones on your account.  But tis true Verizon has the premier LTE network atm, so if you're willing to pay it's an option. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

So here is what you should know before you choose SPRINT. Their Customer Service Reps & Sales Reps have absolutly no knowledge of anything going on within their company or their 4g providers company ClearWire (wWw.Clear.com/Coverage) View Arizona's map. What is really funny about this situation is that "Clear" does the majority of their testing in Phoenix. Why is it that they do all of their testing here but we have very low 4G service. Let me help inform some of you what is really going on here. It is a money thing. Every since I have had my "EVO 4G" I have been lied too by the Sales Reps, CSR's (Customer Service Reps), Technical Support & Corperate Management. Threaten to file a petition & sure Sprint for their negligence unless they have Corperate Management contact you. Truth is they will offer you a partial truth to what is the real problem. What happens is everyone buys the newest tech. They gain an excessive amount of revenue & decide they would rather not come out of pocket for certain services unless it would be more benificial for them (Sprint). Clearwire can turn more Wi-Max on in the area through Sprints radios. ClearWire Corperate Managment informed me they plan on expanding their Wi-Max / LTE Service. So what is Sprints deal? They don't want to spend the money we spend for their service to provide us with the service we intended on having. I don't like complaining about Sprint because they are better then most other providers (Except Alltel before Verizon bought them out). Oh well this is my 2 cents.

Wizard

Ok so the rollout begins officially in the first markets 15 July so hopefully the rest of the country will start following on fairly soon after.  Sprint's survival depends on it.

Now if you live in Atlanta and parts of Texas you can see if your LTE device works properly once LTE service is active because on 15 July 2012 LTE goes live in Sprint's first few markets. 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2319

Cheers,

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.