cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Not Working

Journeyman

Data Roaming Not Working

I have an everything plan that supposedly includes limited data roaming (up to 300 MB / month).  However, I've never been able access data when I'm outside of the Sprint network with my current phone (Samsung s7) or the previous two phones (Samsung s3 and HTC EVO 3D).  I simply get a message stating the network is not available.  I cant use my browser, email, maps, etc., However, my friends on Verizon, AT&T and TMobile (usually all 3) have access in these areas.  Shouldn't my phone switch to a Verizon, AT&T or TMobile data network?  I've called tech support multiple times.  They always have me check the settings on my phone and reset etc, update profile, update PRL, etc. But I don't think it's my phone! since all 3 phones could not access data roaming.  It's got to be something connected to my service setup. Any suggestions?

20 REPLIES 20
GrandMaster

Re: Data Roaming Not Working

the agents will need a tad bit more info...as in where are you? zip code and the closest cross streets only please.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Can you please provide us the information requested by fireguy_6364 so that we can take a look at the towers around? Let us know, we want to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the help!  Here are two locations where I cannot connect to the Internet (although my friends with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are able to connect):

Norwalk Blvd & Beverly Blvd, 90601

24425 Woolsey Canyon Rd, 91304

(Woolsey Canyon Rd & approx. Knapp Ranch Rd)

I have also just spoken with a network technician at the Oklahoma City Sprint service center.  I've submitted Debug screen images captured at the 90601 location.  She said she'll forward the info to engineering staff.

Sprint Social Care

We have reviewed the area where you are having issues and all the towers are working fine. Did the Oklahoma team said if they are going to call you back again? Let us know, we want to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes. The tech from OK called back and said they've fixed something at the 90601 location and now it should have 3G service. (I haven't confirmed this yet.)  They said the 91304 location should have 1x service.  But my browser simply times out after about 1 minute and says No Data Connection.  I have NEVER (in all the year that I've had Sprint) been able to access a non-Sprint network.  While other phones next to me with Verizon have 3G or LTE data access with no problems, my phone simply says No Connection.  So this a general problem I've had, not limited to specific locations, or this particular phone.  Couldn't this be related to the way my account is set up?

Sprint Social Care

Let's take a look at your account and see if everything is set up the way is supposed to. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem and sprint agents have told me to switch to Verizon!   This blows my mind!   I have tested a verizon phone going up state hwy 210 in Utah from Sandy to Snowbird and verizon works fine, but my sprint iphone 5s will not roam on that network.  I have tried 3 different iphones with the same result.  Data roaming does not work.    Sprint has supposedly confirmed that data roaming is enabled on my account and not 1 single byte of data has ever roamed!    Sprint claims they don't can't do anything.   I am at my last straw.  I have now unlocked my phone and debating whether to get a Verizon SIM or a Tmobile SIM.   

Sprint Social Care

etski,

This is not the experience we want you to have. Can you please provide the ZIP code of the area in order for me to take a look at it? Also, the troubleshooting steps you have performed to the device?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The zip code is 84092. It is state Hwy 210 from Sandy, UT to Snowbird, UT. There are Verizon towers in the area but no Sprint towers between Sandy & Snowbird. Sprint Customer service has been worse than useless. I have brought my phone to Sprint stores, they have supposedly checked the phone plan allows roaming and has used zero bytes of roaming. The sprint store replaced my SIM card, Apple has replaced my phone twice and Sprint claims they can do absolutely nothing about the problem. I have tried with 2 new phones setting up as new, (losing all my text history) and nothing works. It is clearly a roaming issue but Sprint refuses to do anything. Can't you send a service rep with phones and test it. See if you can roam in that area. If not, make Verizon uphold their roaming agreement! Please let me know. I will delay terminating my sprint coverage if you think you have some chance of resolving this, but as I've said, multiple sprint reps have advised me to switch to Verizon!
Sprint Social Care

etski,

I would like to provide you with further assistance regarding this inconvenience with the service. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I responded to the private message but don't understand why this is going private. Others obviously have the same problems & need solutions that customer service doesn't address. That's why I'm here. This is the forum of last resort!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.