cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sucks all over zip code 92126

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data sucks all over zip code 92126

I've been a customer since 1992. My data seems to have gotten worse over the last 2 years in my neighborhood. I paid a lot of money for my S8+, which rarely works in my neighborhood. Sure, if I'm on Wi-Fi at Target or Starbucks, no problem. Walking or driving around my neighborhood, forget playing PokrmonGo, Ingress, or using Bixby bc they work 5% of the time in my area, if I'm not on Wi-Fi. I should not have to hotspot off my crappy AT&T phone to get data in my area, but sadly, that's what I usually have to resort to. 

How can you guys advertise better connectivity than Verizon when my friends/neighbors on Verizon never have data issues in our neighborhood? When can this be fixed, or you guys just don't care about crappy data in this zip code? This is very disappointing and frustrating that my phone doesn't work in my neighborhood bc the Sprint network sucks  here.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Data sucks all over zip code 92126

I've got the same problem in zip code 92071.   I posted something here and their response was to tell me nothing was wrong on their side.    Then they offered me 6 months of a stream music service for free for my troubles.     I don't want a streaming music service, I want the cell service I pay for to work properly.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

FT415,

Thank you for contacting us with this concern, I would like to take a look at the area for you. Can you please provide me the nearest cross streets and ZIP code? You stated you've been experiencing these issues for the last two years, have you performed any troubleshooting steps to the device?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

To clarify, I said my connectivity has gotten worse in my neighborhood over the past two years. 

In front of my house, there's a narrow deadspot along the curb, where my data and my home Wi-Fi signal do not overlap. So I may or may not be able to do anything on my phone until I get inside my house, on data or on Wi-Fi.

Cross streets where where I experience deadspots in my neighborhood (zip code 92126):

Camino Ruiz from Jade Coast, going north to the Target driveway; and going a block or two east or west of Camino Ruiz. 

Mira Mesa Blvd from Camino Ruiz going east to the 15 freeway.

Black Mountain Rd: from Kearny Villa Rd to Mira Mesa Blvd.

New Salem St, from Camino Ruiz going east, to Mira Mesa Blvd. This section goes along the Mira Mesa community park - that whole section in front of the recreation center, from the library/fire station to Mira Mesa Blvd. Forget trying to take out the PokrmonGo gym  by the basketball courts bc you get spotty signal at best, but mostly no signal at all.

Westview Parkway: from Hillary Dr going north to Mira Mesa Blvd. Zero data in the Rubio's. I had to hotspot off a non-Sprint phone just to use the My Sprint app so I could report a network issue in that area, twice. 

Those are a few areas, off the top of my head, where my data is non-existent, or spotty, at best. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Thank you for proving us this information FT415. We have checked these addresses and found that one of the cell sites that provides services in these areas is experiencing an outage. This cell site is closer to all the addresses provided, except for Camino Ruiz from Jade Coast going north to the Target driveway, but you may encounter this issue by moving the east. The good news is our network team has already identified the issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We value you as a customer and appreciate your patience.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.