cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead zone and Sprint giving me the runaround

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dead zone and Sprint giving me the runaround

A month ago we moved about 2.5 miles away from our old house. We are in a complete dead zone and have zero service. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail, outgoing calls sit at attempting and sometimes go through but we can't hear or speak to the other person, Text messages just spin until they eventually go through. I have followed procedures and contacted sprint support where I have been given the runaround, hung up on, put back in the queue, sent products that don't help, told to take our 5 phones to a repair facility because there is something wrong with them and also told their advanced networking team will look at the tower which has no issues as I am told. 

This is a severe safety issue as we have no service at our house. When calling sprint customer support they told me I needed a Magic Box so they sent it to me. This did not help me as this is for data only, not voice. I returned it to my local sprint store and the store manager agreed and told me what I need is an Airave 4. I contacted sprint customer support again and they said they would send one out that day. I never got the order confirmation so I contacted sprint again the next day to find out it was back ordered. 

The support person I spoke with apologized and made sure I would receive one the next day in which I did, so there was some hope there. When talking to support I explained to them I have satellite internet through Viasat and asked if this device would work and they assured me it would. I have had it hooked up for almost 24 hours and it will not connect to the sprint servers. I found a user manual online stating this device will NOT work with satellite internet due to it requiring IPSec for tunneling to the sprint network and satellite internet has too much jitter and latency to support it. So I am back to square one! 

When speaking with the store manager he told me if this doesn't help the only other option is to start the contract cancellation process or go to another service and have them buy out our contracts which he can't help with. We have been with sprint for over 10 years and this is the worst service we have ever received by the network and customer service. We are essentially paying over 230.00 a month for service we cannot use. 

I have reached out a the regional manager in our area an am not getting any responses. Is there anyone at Sprint that can help with this matter? 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi DH! Can you send us a Private Message? I'll need to get some account info to assist further. 

I sent you a PM. 

Please let me know what info you need. 

Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.