cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended LTE - No texts, no data, nothing.

Journeyman

Extended LTE - No texts, no data, nothing.

I commute a little over an hour to work. Where I work (26041), my phone goes into "Extended LTE". When it's in Extended LTE, I don't get any texts, I can't access my e-mail, and I can't access any kind of data services, including the internet. At work.

My main questions are 

#1. Why?

#2. What is the easiest way for me to get out of my contract and switch to Verizon?

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Extended LTE - No texts, no data, nothing.

are you wanting an agent to look into why you are seeing this at your work location or are you wanting them to walk you through ending your contract? choose one so they have a starting point
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

jgroves89,
Thank you for bringing this concern with the service to our attention, I would like to take a look at the area and confirm that everything is working as expected. Please provide me the nearest cross streets of the location for further assistance.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

7th Street, Moundsville, WV 26041

Tomlinson Ave, Moundsville, WV 26041

LaFayette Ave, Moundsville, WV 26041

8th Street, Moundsville, WV 26041

Thanks for that. From what I see in Moundsville, WV, there are no towers in the immediate proximity to town. The nearest one seems to be 5.7 miles away, outside of Bellaire, OH 43906.

Moundsville has been identified as an area with decreased signal strength. This occurs because the signal strength may vary as you get further from the cell site. I also see that coverage is limited in some areas of town, where services are off-network roaming. I have reported the issue to our network team so that they will be aware of your specific location. You can visit www.sprint.com/network to learn more about what we are doing to improve our network.

It is weird, however, that you're not able to access any kind of services. Are you able to make or receive calls? Do you know if other Sprint users in the area experience the same? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps in your phone? What's the make and model of your device?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Kelvin, 

I can only receive and make calls. Texts do not come through. I cannot use data of any kind, including basic things like email.

I don't know if other Sprint users experience the same. Other than turning the phone off and back on I don't know what else to try. I have an iPhone 7 Plus.

Journeyman

Thanks for keeping in touch with us jgroves89! The issue has been reported to our Network Team but, I need you to please provide me some account information. For that reason we will need to move our conversation to a Private Message platform. I will continue assisting you there, please check your inbox.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I was told Sprint's network team would be contacting me within 24-48 hours. This was a week ago. I was contacted by no one and the issue remains unresolved. 

Looking at going to a Sprint store this weekend and having my contract terminated. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello jgroves89. We did contact you today. Please check your inbox for our private message.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.