Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with activating pixel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help with activating pixel

Hello,

I am trying to activate my pixel with sprint and i am stuck in a loop for a couple of weeks. I bought the phone brand new (unlocked) from google and used it for a couple of months with Fi project.

Now, I disconnected my Fi account and want to activate my phone with Sprint. I have approached and tried all options i had (customer service, store - In 2 diff states, online ) etc with no luck. 

Online, i see the following message "Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again." and I am assuming the reps also see similar message.

I even followed the tips on this:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Google-Pixel-and-Pixel-XL/YES-The-Google-Pixel-and-Pixel-XL-CAN-Be-A...

Can anyone here please help !!!

21 REPLIES 21
GrandMaster

Re: Help with activating pixel

which one was the Pixel? the 5X or 6P? either way you can post in this thread here for assistance with this one. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Network-Coverage/Help-with-activating-pixel/m-p/953653#M590 soon as i get a sec i can mark this thread to be merged with that one if its easier for you.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Pixel is the new device. the 5X and 6P our the last of the Nexus devices. It was then rebranded as Pixel and Pixel XL when the new versions were released last year.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364@smotrs answered your question. About merginig the thread with an other post, I am not sure how to do and appreciate your help on that.

Hello PRADEEPRAO! 

I'll be more than happy to assist you activating your device. Please reply to the Private Message I sent you.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman mrb
Journeyman

Want to help another with the same problem?

Activating a Pixel that was once on Project FI and now will not activate on Sprint. 

Project FI account closed, No number to port.

Sprint database thinks my Pixel is a prepaid phone?

Sprint store says it will take 5 to 10 days for an answer.

Thanks 

MrB

GrandMaster

there is an ongoing thread for this here. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Nexus-5x-and-6p/Unable-to-activate-Nexus-6P/m-p/964010#M378
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I contacted Sprint_Michae in private. He took my details and phone details and he did whatever he did in the backend system after which Sprint database "recognized" my phone and then i was able to activate it online. Did not have to go to Spring store even.

Good luck!!

Journeyman mrb
Journeyman

How long did it take to get the backed fixed?

Journeyman

I think about 2 days.

Journeyman mrb
Journeyman

Thanks - I guess I need to have patience and find an old (non-sprint) phone for my father to use.

Wish I knew this was an issue before I cancelled FI right before a holiday weekend - not great timing on my part.

GrandMaster

technically its not an issue..it takes around 2 days for them to get all the info added into their system and cleared so that you can use it on their network. unless the device is sold by Sprint their info wont be in their system..or any other carriers system until a request is sent in for it to be added.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.